Who else is lovin Heath Evans right now? (1 Viewer)

Brees has gotten more out of both Evans and Thomas than Brady ever did.

This!

Also, Karney was awesome in that Dallas game back in 2006 with 3 TDs if I remember correctly. I think Payton saw a weakness and just exploited it and Karney reaped the benefits. I don't think anyone has anything against him, but in football you have to go with the best available players no matter how much you like a guy.

I love everything about him. I was skeptical in preseason but he's produced and shown some leadership. I love it.

Count me in that number. What I love is he scored both of his TD's so far this season in the same fashion, managing to stay in bounds--barely--and getting it in.

I have been high on him since we were thinking about getting him. Seemed like most wanted Weaver.

Ironically, it was Weaver who dropped that easy touchdown pass from Westbrook yesterday.

I as most questioned the move at the time but SP took a few shots at Karney today by saying he made the move to improve the blocking!!! Dont know if it is all that improved but the WR game from the FB position is!!! And for all of those who think Karne is such a great guy he dated my wife's cousin and he aint he you think! I was not sad to see Karney go after I found out what he did!

I have to agree with other posters, as much as I loved Mike Karney, no way he was ever nimble enough to score on the TD's that we've seen in back to back games from Heath Evans.

I loved Karney and I wish him the best, but Evans is an upgrade. Karney would not have made those TD's.

I'm doing this from memory, but do you realize who the points leaders are in receiving? I think Colston has 21--one from Lions and two yesterday. Shockey has 14 from the Lions game, and tied with Shockey is Evans, one last week and one yesterday.

I would never have thought he'd be among the top three in points after the first couple of games. I love the way he runs, and after yesterday, we know he has amazing balance and presence of mind to make sure the ball was inside the pilon, even as he was sailing out.

Go Evans.

Both Ex-Patriots, Heath Evans and David Thomas are both going to score some TDs this year. Each one has what NE covets in all their players: Versatility. Either is effective blocking, carrying the ball, or catching it out of the backfield.
Karney was a bulldozer, but the more options Brees has to throw passes to, the deadlier this offense is going to be.

In my defense, I didn't realize a fullback could be that athletic. I figured, "Eh a new fullback, what's the fuss?" I couldn't believe my eyes. I'm a fan! :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom