Who else was waiting for a flag..., (1 Viewer)

2009ring

King of the Photobomb
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
On both 3rd snd 22 and 4th and 22. Have seen it too many times not only in our games but across the league...

I said it as soon as they got the sack and the bad snap. Thought the refs would throw a flag.

I was....I've learned not to celebrate until the next snap. My wife probably thinks there is something wrong with me.

Ref blew some calls today too. Early on in the game, the ref blew a fumble by Phillips River. It was clearly a fumble and they said they blew the whistle. Of course the Charger went down and scored.

Ref blew some calls today too. Early on in the game, the ref blew a fumble by Phillips River. It was clearly a fumble and they said they blew the whistle. Of course the Charger went down and scored.

Also missed the late hit on Fleener out of bounds. Fleener needs to learn to take the flop in that situation.

not me, it was the chargers, i knew we were in good hands

not me, it was the chargers, i knew we were in good hands

Normally I would agree with you - but geez we got burned on the Raiders so seems to me like nothing is off limits now. Not just the normal Patriots, Giants, Panthers, etc.

I was expecting one, but to the ref's credit they called the pass coverage pretty loose today on both sides. There were a few plays both teams made today that the crews we had in week 1/2 would have called. I prefer them to let the guys play a little like they did today.

But to your original post, I don't celebrate until the next snap like someone else said, the yellow hankies are far too common nowadays.

We had honest walt coleman today. Not always perfect but at the end of the day his crew is pretty fair......

YES!! Once we got close, I expected a bail-out! It happened it all three of our previous games. They got away with the Rivers fumble and I seriously didn't see the Fairley flag until the pick. I saw his hand break the NG plane, but thought it went unseen. I felt that they were looking for ANY reason to give the ball back to the Chargers, after the turnovers.

I am not sure I was waiting for a flag, but I was waiting for something bad to happen like leaving a guy wide open or something. I am glad to say all of us naysayers were wrong for one week at least.

YES!! Once we got close, I expected a bail-out! It happened it all three of our previous games. They got away with the Rivers fumble and I seriously didn't see the Fairley flag until the pick. I saw his hand break the NG plane, but thought it went unseen. I felt that they were looking for ANY reason to give the ball back to the Chargers, after the turnovers.

I saw that Fairley had stepped into the neutral zone at the snap and was looking for the flag. That's one that is usually very visible coming from the side judge into somewhat the middle of the field, I believe so the QB can know that he saw what he thought he saw in the D jumping offsides and has a free play. Yesterday, that wasn't the case. When I rewatched certain plays later last night, I forgot to check on that one to see when the flag was thrown because it sure seemed like it wasn't thrown until after the play had finished.

I saw that Fairley had stepped into the neutral zone at the snap and was looking for the flag. That's one that is usually very visible coming from the side judge into somewhat the middle of the field, I believe so the QB can know that he saw what he thought he saw in the D jumping offsides and has a free play. Yesterday, that wasn't the case. When I rewatched certain plays later last night, I forgot to check on that one to see when the flag was thrown because it sure seemed like it wasn't thrown until after the play had finished.

I didn't see or know a flag was thrown until the interception was made and Byrd was celebrating.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom