Saints Who gets the start (1 Viewer)

You don't lose your spot due to injury, and I don't believe he will lose his spot due to suspension. If he comes back, and doesn't play as well as CJGJ, then he loses his spot. Until then, it's most likely PJ

You don't lose your spot due to injury, and I don't believe he will lose his spot due to suspension. If he comes back, and doesn't play as well as CJGJ, then he loses his spot. Until then, it's most likely PJ
Why can't you lose a spot because of injury? If the replacement player plays better, then he earned that spot. Players get "Wally Pipped" all the time.

PJ was not injured. He allowed his non-work life to affect his work life. He got himself suspended. 53 other players on that active roster who were robbed last year, ain't none of the rest of them out drinking and driving. He's lucky he wasn't suspended for a longer period. In my opinion, players who exhibit poor judgement and get themselves into trouble off the field do not deserve one iota of loyalty in terms of retaining their position through their ordeal.

If the next man up proves they can perform as well or better than you while your gone, that's on you for allowing them the opportunity and you need to ball up and earn your spot back if you want to be the starter again.

I say start CJGJ he's performed exceptionally well given the circumstances he was thrown into.

That's a lie. I forgot the name of the poor soul who lost his spot to Carl Nicks while serving a suspension.

Edit: found it!

In his rookie season, he replaced Jamar Nesbit in the starting lineup after Nesbit violated the league substance abuse policy

It's always been that way in the NFL. You don't lose your spot due to injury.

Patrick Robinson lost his spot to P.J. Williams due to injury just last year.

Jammal Brown lost his spot to Jermon Bushrod during our Super Bowl season due to injury.

That’s two just on our team along with all the other ones already listed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom