Who has been the best defensive player this first quarter of the season? (1 Viewer)

Who has been the best defensive player this first quarter of the season?

• Pete Werner

Votes: 141 84.4%
  • Cam Jordan

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Marshon Lattimore

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • The Offense

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • No standout

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
I say Latt as 1A and Werner as 1B. Latt held his WR's down the first 3 weeks but gave up some big yardage to Jefferson which wasn't all his fault as they were sending the FS to Adebo's side and leaving Latt 1on1 with one of the best young WR's in the NFL. Werner has been a tackling machine. Haven't really seen make any big plays like an INT of FF but still he's doing very well in his 2nd year. Other than last week Cam hasn't been himself in the pass rush, looks like father time is taking its toll. Davenport same as Cam except he doesn't get the age exception.

It's probably in this order:

1. Werner - He is all over the place and he makes tackles. I don't know if there has been many/if any broken tackles on him. Even when he got ran over by Patterson (Patterson full speed/Werner standing still), he still held on for the tackle.

2. Davenport - Dude is wrecking guys out there. The 1 full sack that Cam has only came because Dav caused the pressure and the QB fell down so Cam jumped on him for the easy sack. Davenport's impact doesn't show up in the stat sheet so if you are only looking at stats you won't find his impact there.

3. Lattimore - He could be higher, but his assumption of the CJGJ antics has cost the team on more than one occasion. He also had major issues with Jefferson, but that happens sometimes when best on best go at it.

You can probably fill in Tuttle, Cam, DD and others through the next few ranks.

Werner’s the only player that has consistently stood out, but the whole defense been good. Which says a lot because they aren’t getting sacks and turnovers

I voted for Pete Werner. He is all over the field making tackles, plus he's had a few pass breakups. But I really like the way the defense has been playing as a whole. Latt. is doing real good, He just had that one bad game, which a lot of the top CB's have from time to time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom