Who has earned their pay ( or not ) ? (1 Viewer)

LaLag

Not much Lagniappe in La.
Reaction score
On offense - M. Karney
On Defense - H. Thomas ( This week Only )
Special Teams - P. Thomas ( This week Only )
MVP ( So far ) S. Weatherford

Least -

On Offense - D. Henderson
On Defense - S. Shanle
Special Teams - R. Bush
LVP - O. Mare

Please, Discuss ...

On offense - M. Karney

Least -

On Defense - S. Shanle
Special Teams - R. Bush
LVP - O. Mare

Please, Discuss ...

Please lets not forget about the waste of the biggest contract with Charles Grant. He looks fat and slow. He sure should be a DT now, not a DE. He must have eaten too many poboys with his extra money

Please lets not forget about the waste of the biggest contract with Charles Grant. He looks fat and slow. He sure should be a DT now, not a DE. He must have eaten too many poboys with his extra money
This post deserves a bump. Why didn't Sean Payton listen to this Gent ???

I don't think Karney has earned anything
I love him, he's a great player, but I've seen him whiff plenty of key blocks thisyear, and to hear some people on this forum refer to him as one of the best in the league is absurd.

People who have earned their pay -

Mike McKenzie (Key player on defense, it crumbles without him)

Scott Fujita (Put up some hits and covered when he needed to good, and consistently wrapped up ball carriers)

Marques Colston (Do I really need to explain this?)

Aaron Stecker (Locked in as a key player, and is outstanding for a backup, COULD start on some teams)

Pierre Thomas (Same as Stecker)

Drew Brees (Had a bad start but finished the season strong, and many of his picks were dropped passes. When he was on, he was on fire, but when he was bad...well you know the rest)

David Patten (He is a great veteran addition to the WR set we have, and can act as a mentor/leader of our recievers. He struggled as of late in the season, but overall he is a great addition, I hope we re-sign him)

There's some people who deserve honorable mention, but I can't be bothered to type it all out

That's about it.

JMO

Last edited:
Jason david, Charles grant, Will Smith, SimmaNO, Reggie, josh bullocks

have all not earned their pay

Jason david, Charles grant, Will Smith, SimmaNO, Reggie, josh bullocks

have all not earned their pay
I agree, but the point is, this gent knew it before the season was over !!!

On offense - M. Karney

Least -

On Defense - S. Shanle
Special Teams - R. Bush
LVP - O. Mare

Please, Discuss ...

Does Reggie Bush even play special teams regularly? If we are going to equate not having a good season to "didn't earn their money", then this list would be pretty long (so would most teams'). But it doesn't work that way. I don't understand why so many people are consumed with labeling players who have or have not "earned their money".

Deuce barely contributed anything this year, barely even played. Sure he tore his ACL, but he got paid just the same...doesn't sound like he "earned his money".

These games don't make sense to me.

Most deserving of their pay this year:
Offense: Colston
Defense: McKenzie
Special Teams: Grammatica

Least Deserving:
Offense: Bush
Defense: David
Special Teams: Mare

Colston and Evans more than earned their pay. obviously. Brees and Stecker did too. Pierre Thomas earned his cheap salary. Patten earned his pay. goodwin earned his pay.
on Defense, Mckenzie, Smith, Thomas and Fujita earned their pay. Grammatica earned whatever we paid him...

I don't think Karney has earned anything
I love him, he's a great player, but I've seen him whiff plenty of key blocks thisyear, and to hear some people on this forum refer to him as one of the best in the league is absurd.

People who have earned their pay -

Mike McKenzie (Key player on defense, it crumbles without him)

Scott Fujita (Put up some hits and covered when he needed to good, and consistently wrapped up ball carriers)

Marques Colston (Do I really need to explain this?)

Aaron Stecker (Locked in as a key player, and is outstanding for a backup, COULD start on some teams)

Pierre Thomas (Same as Stecker)

Drew Brees (Had a bad start but finished the season strong, and many of his picks were dropped passes. When he was on, he was on fire, but when he was bad...well you know the rest)

David Patten (He is a great veteran addition to the WR set we have, and can act as a mentor/leader of our recievers. He struggled as of late in the season, but overall he is a great addition, I hope we re-sign him)

There's some people who deserve honorable mention, but I can't be bothered to type it all out

That's about it.

JMO

Agree.

Those who didn't earn their pay: 1. Charles Grant
2. Jason David
3. Josh Bullocks
4. Scott Shanle
5. Devery Henderson
I could easily go on.

when....

I'm sure no one said that they were all dropped passes, but a good number were.

you loose your top inside running back (McAllister) and you have to throw for almost 5000 yards, your bound to have a few picked off. it's just the law of averages at work.

Drew Brees set an NFL record for most passing attempts in a season this year. That should tell you all you need to know about why he threw so many INT's. He's not the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom