Who has monday off (1 Viewer)

Redlands Saints

killing threads daily
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
and what are ya doing instead of work. I myself will be going fishing, try and catch me some trout.:hihi:

I'm off. Since the NFC and AFC Championship games are played in the middle of the night I took Monday off to get some sleep :D

I must row the boat for The Man.

I'm off, the wife's gonna be in Dallas all weekend 'til Monday night. I'll be living a weekend of compliance with my daughter. I did get a new revolver that I haven't tried out yet. I hope to get to the range, but it's 50/50.

I've got Monday off. Of course, this cheapskate temp agency for whom I work isn't going to pay for it.

I'M off with the Diocese of Lafayette Schools. Mt Wife is off with UMC in Lafayette, but she is in Shreveport visiting. My oldest Daughter works in the Acadiana Mall, and my youngest is visiting friends. Wow, I am single for a day.

I'm off and may go catch some of the MLK festivities. There's usually a speaker at the march that shows some promise or impresses me. So far, my favorite MLK March characters were a couple of white-haired gentlemen that stood near me in the crowd a few years back. Both were old enough to have been MLK's dad, and neither one could hear very well.

Every few seconds, one of the two would drown out the speaker with, " What did he say?" The other would respond but, more often than not, he had misheard too. They unintentionally fed each other misinformation through the entire speech.

Then it was time to line up for the march. The more prestige the group had, the closer they were to the front. Those without a group brought up the rear. The Marshall called each group in order .......... ACLU, NAACP ........... CASA, Equality Austin ....... and so on. When the marshal called for the "Lesbian Avengers" to take their place in line, one of the old guys asked, "What'd she say?"

With a puzzled look, the other gentleman responded, "Lesbian Adventures."

After a brief pause the first one said, "Hell, I'm game!" and off they went.

:hihi:

I don't expect this year's event to top that one.

Working. The old adage is "there are no true holidays in the oil patch." But I do get mardi gras day off, so I am not complaining.

I'm authorized to take Monday off. I've opted to take the Monday before Fat Tuesday instead. No disrepect to Dr. King. Priorities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom