Saints Who here decided not renew season tickets this year or waited to the very last moment to renew? (1 Viewer)

For many reasons, I waited till today. I tried to renew online yesterday evening. Seat geek kept giving me error message. I'll call on Monday and see what happens.

I got the same error via SeatGeek. Ended up calling and paying over the phone. SeatGeek has been a hot mess with the online invoices since they took over.

Someone may be available to talk to over the weekend in the ticket office.

I waited to the absolute last minute this time. My 5th year and prolly will be my last due to crazy increases every year.

I'm in for year 54.... 10 years old when I caught t he fever.... If they say us old folks can't attend we gonna have a problem... I'll get some "protestors" to back me up

Highly recommend getting the Saints nfl extra points credit card and putting your season tickets on it every year. They don’t charge interest for at least 6 months on season tickets. I had my tickets paid in full as far as the saints are concerned and just made minimum payments to the credit card company while I was on furlough.

Let mine go. Hard decision. Been in my family since day one, handed down. But truth is I’m just not as hard core about going to the Dome as I used to be. I think the advent of hi-def 65” screens with surround sound, a good home set up for hosting watch parties, rising expense and online ticket brokerage allowing you to pick good seats up for key games, tipped the scales for me. Hopefully a version of the fanatic I was 20 years ago snaps them up...

THIS is my 17th year to renew. It IS/WAS tough financially, but I choose my Saints tickets over other things like food, water, gas bill, electric bill, and of course my Android bill...
;)
As an almost 56 year old, I HAVE to pay the extra $28 for hard tickets. I mean, that's just what my generation did, we did/do save ticket stubs. I wouldn't want to save the data on my Android... My flip phone is a good back up too....
:)

THIS is my 17th year to renew. It IS/WAS tough financially, but I choose my Saints tickets over other things like food, water, gas bill, electric bill, and of course my Android bill...
;)
As an almost 56 year old, I HAVE to pay the extra $28 for hard tickets. I mean, that's just what my generation did, we did/do save ticket stubs. I wouldn't want to save the data on my Android... My flip phone is a good back up too....
:)
I also get the physical tickets....They are a nice keepsake!

Renewed very reluctantly as I allowed the Saints my money free of earning any interest as the upcoming season for full stadiums is in peril.

From what it appears, at this time, fans allowed to attend games will be very limited. If jt is say as few as 13,000/game, how is it determined what 13,000 are allowed, per game? I am sure there will be some sort of reasonable system used, but suppose my three tickets are only good for say one game out of 10? When do I get my money back, for the games I did not get picked?

On top of this, what would be even more ridiculous, is the Saints make the playoffs and they want to hold more of your money!

The right thing for teams to do at this point is, refund all the money but allow those that paid, their rights to their season tickets And should you get selected for a game (or more), your credit card would be charged at that time, for that game. How is that so difficult to understand and implement?

I am just not a believer in allowing a business to hold my money for a period of time, interest free, where there is uncertainty on the services to be rendered, or product being sold is in doubt. It is really curious to me, the NFL was not able to come up with a better plan. It is not like they did not have time to figure something out. Greed!
I had not heard that yet....If they do limit the crowd, I wonder about the capacity and the way they would decide which seats could attend? I agree, I made my deposit a bit back and am about to pay my final payment. I am concerned about doing it, concerned that if all or some games are canceled, or we cannot attend, they will "credit" our money for the following season instead of refunding it, which would effectively leave it in their hands for an extra year... I guess we will see what happens!

Last edited:
Highly recommend getting the Saints nfl extra points credit card and putting your season tickets on it every year. They don’t charge interest for at least 6 months on season tickets. I had my tickets paid in full as far as the saints are concerned and just made minimum payments to the credit card company while I was on furlough.

Just curious if you, or anyone else on here who uses the Saints NFL Extra points card, have had issues with this? Beginning with the playoff tickets in December and then again with the initial payment in February, they haven't been applied to the promotion with 0% interest. I caught it on January bill and they corrected it, but for February charge, I didn't catch it until they tacked on interest on my April bill. It then took until last week to get it corrected because they are slow to resolve issues right now. They nearly double the minimum payment (i have minimum payment on autopay) because of the interest charge, so that sucks. They did credit me for the 2 months of interest fees and sent me a letter in the mail apologizing for the error. Waiting to see if my charge last Friday will get the 0% promotion or if I'll have to contact them yet again.

Just curious if you, or anyone else on here who uses the Saints NFL Extra points card, have had issues with this? Beginning with the playoff tickets in December and then again with the initial payment in February, they haven't been applied to the promotion with 0% interest. I caught it on January bill and they corrected it, but for February charge, I didn't catch it until they tacked on interest on my April bill. It then took until last week to get it corrected because they are slow to resolve issues right now. They nearly double the minimum payment (i have minimum payment on autopay) because of the interest charge, so that sucks. They did credit me for the 2 months of interest fees and sent me a letter in the mail apologizing for the error. Waiting to see if my charge last Friday will get the 0% promotion or if I'll have to contact them yet again.

I didn’t use it for playoff tickets. Since I was doing pay as we play I didn’t need months to pay it off so I put it on another card I’m collecting points on. For my regular season tickets I use the extra points card and have been for about 10 years. I always pay it off by September and they never charge me any interest. I only use that card for the tickets so it would be easy to tell if they added interest.

I just renewed yesterday. Y’all reminded me.
Guy in the phone said they won’t cancel til June 12 or 14.
Said they’ll set up a date to switch/upgrade after that when they can tell how many people actually renewed.
They had someone actually text back and forth, which tells me renewals are likely down.
I’m actually planning on maybe adding a seat or two, as I doubt they’ll let everyone go to the games and perhaps we’ll get credit towards next year 🤷🏽‍♂️

I just renewed yesterday. Y’all reminded me.
Guy in the phone said they won’t cancel til June 12 or 14.
Said they’ll set up a date to switch/upgrade after that when they can tell how many people actually renewed.
They had someone actually text back and forth, which tells me renewals are likely down.
I’m actually planning on maybe adding a seat or two, as I doubt they’ll let everyone go to the games and perhaps we’ll get credit towards next year 🤷🏽‍♂️

I'm guessing they are down -- maybe significantly so.

The ticket agent I spoke to on Friday might have let something slip when I spoke to them -- I asked if there was definitely going to be another "select-a-seat" event and they said they were looking at one maybe in July.
I asked if it looked like there would be a lot of seats available and they hesitated for a second and said -- "um, we'll know more...after all this settles".
I said, "after what settles, specifically?"
They said "renewals".
I said "is it bad?"
They hesitated again and then said cheerily "nope, it's fine. all good."

For the record, their tone of voice didn't reflect "it's fine".

Honestly, I could completely be off-base here. It was 5pm on "final renewal" day and I was likely call number 500 they'd dealt with that afternoon. It just seemed like they were concerned, but again -- I might be imagining that. So take my assessment with a huge grain of salt -- maybe one the size of those pink Himalayan salt lamps.

This is definitely an unprecedented time for professional sports, so I imagine things are crazy right now and all of these teams are having to mitigate renewal timetables and funding and printing of tickets and contingency plans while being sensitive to the financial strains this pandemic has put on so many people. It's got to be a big mess.

I applaud the team really seeming to work with ticket holders to give them multiple opportunities to renew while remaining flexible with "hard deadlines". When I missed my first payment, a ticket agent called and asked if I just needed more time and how much time would be helpful. I appreciated that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom