Who Here Eats Peanuts w/ the Shell on? (1 Viewer)

specter

Reaction score
I love fresh roasted Salted Jumbo Peanuts w/ the shell on!they go great w/ beer!

Most people I know say uuuuu how can you do that?
I just say it is the Natural way of eatin them & adds fiber to your diet & as long as you chew them well there is practicaly no ruffage.

We may be few and far between but I eat them whole too.

Very Good Gentlemen!
We are a kinda rare breed indeed in that aspect or regard if you will!
btw Merry Christmas!

Inadvisable.

Can cause impaction/bowel obstruction, as chewing and eating whole sunflower seeds did with one of my soldiers. Resulted in a trip to Fort Polk hospital, complete irrigation of the bowel and colon and an admonition from the doctor never to eat any kind of nut/seed shells of any kind.

Dogs were dying from the molds and toxins, not the peanut shells.

WoW! thanx for the info DD,alas thou,I probally will still eat them that way,for I have never tried them anyway else.
I only eat them like 2x a month & i make sure they are for the most part clean.
Knock on Wood I ain't never had no intestinal probs from them
I like your posts DD,your are well informed & full of Insight on a variety of diff subjects.

And since I'm in the peanut capital of the States, I pretty much only eat my peanuts boiled, so the cook-point has been satisfied.

Chimpanzee_thinking_poster.jpg

Who Eats Peanuts w/ the Shell on?

alabama.jpg

When in Rome. . . (don't use colored text to try and be subtle)

And since I'm in the peanut capital of the States, I pretty much only eat my peanuts boiled, so the cook-point has been satisfied.

Never acquired the taste for boiled peanuts. Wife loves 'em and a couple of my ex-girlfriends (before I was married) loved them too. Too soggy for me.

Careful with the dietary fiber intake. It is recommended to get around 38 grams a day for the average 19-50 year old. Much more than that, and you'll have to hang around the stool all day (as DadsDream explained above).

What's it like passing those things the next day?:covri:

I always figured that the person who picked the peanuts probably wiped with their hand and didn't wash after.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom