Who in training camp is being found left wanting? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
We have gone through an entire week of training camp, and we have seen the usual suspects prove themselves to be studs, we have had some players come in out of the dark and light it up, and we have had some players (who had high expectations placed on them) not live up to the hype.

So who have you followed through this first week who hasn’t been quite up to snuff?

I expected more from Taysom Hill. Like everyone else he still has time to turn things around, but what seemed like a lock as Drew’s backup is anything but.

We have gone through an entire week of training camp, and we have seen the usual suspects prove themselves to be studs, we have had some players come in out of the dark and light it up, and we have had some players (who had high expectations placed on them) not live up to the hype.

So who have you followed through this first week who hasn’t been quite up to snuff?

I expected more from Taysom Hill. Like everyone else he still has time to turn things around, but what seemed like a lock as Drew’s backup is anything but.

I’ll add Lutz to this.

And myself. I’m definitely left wanting. Wanting more! ?

I expected absolutely little to nothing from Taysom Hill. My expectations were set reasonably. I had long ago penciled in Savage as our backup as soon as the ink dried on his contract. That being said, his play in preseason games is one of the things that has me intrigued.

The Dan Arnold surprise is very good to see. Obviously we need one of these young TEs to hopefully make the team. He looks to have an inside track.

Davenport easily the biggest disappointment due to his being incapable of even practicing at this point. But then we can balance that out with Okafor looking to get right back at the level of play from last season.

Anzalone is just an injury free season away from having a great season it appears, making the 2017 draft arguably the best of all time in NFL history.

Peat looks to be just fine and the great news about Armstead being as healthy as he's been in years is tremendous for what could be the best offensive line in 2018.

Then we have probably the most exciting part of this camp thus far, our top 4 WR corps. I am looking for an explosive passing game this year to go along with a solid run game. Statistically, I think we can put up numbers 2nd only to the 2011 team.

Oh yeah, Lutz. Would not be surprised to see then bring on another kicker just for due diligence.

Jeff Duncan, bc always

Tre'Quan - he has shown me nothing to make me believe he can take over for Ingram

but speaking of, i'd prefer to have heard more about the backs -i get that the beat writers can't see much of the run game from their vantage, but Ingram's replacement has not presented himself yet

mitchell loewen had a great start with ripping off a door to help some body out of a crashed car,but i haven't seen much superheroism after that initial incident

i don't have a cooling truck outside my house - that's disappointing

Sorry but I don't trust the reporters at all. Every year people on this board make better observations in preseason. I like reading everything but I take it with a grain of salt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom