Who is Darnell Dinkins!!! What am I missing? (1 Viewer)

Super Dad

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I am sick of everyone questioning Smith and Grant or even Reggie it is just rediculous so in responce I have to ask what I am missing with Dinkins??? I checked the stats he doesnt make a lot of catches so he is not aa WR threat waiting to put Shockey out of a job or Miller. But seriously here is what get me he has not been healthy for nearly the entire camp preseason and now two games why are we waiting on him? Anyone know if SP is familiar with him or something?

I literally know next to nothing about him, but when he played for the Ravens I used to hear his name a good bit.

/that's it

What does Dinkins have to do with Smith and Grant?

A lil confused by this thread

Supposed to be a decent blocker. Sean Payton collects T.E.s like Gruden use to collect QBs.

It's just a hobby.

Dinkins is still here, hurt foot and all.

Buck Ortega is gone.

We only have 3 TEs, so I guess the coaches feel OK, let's see.

ddd

Sorry for the confusion I was just sick of the Smith Grant and Reggie thread stating the same things over and over.

I know who Dinkins is I just do not know why we are holding him on the active roster all of this time! Just seems a bit rediculous is he that good and at what? Roster spots are valuable and how is he going to be ready whenever he gets back he has NEVER played a snap with us

What does Dinkins have to do with Smith and Grant?

A lil confused by this thread

I guess he's comparing people complaining about players to no one complaing about Dinkins even though he injured.

And I say the respective salaries of the group have something to do with the complaining or lack thereof.

I am sick of everyone questioning Smith and Grant or even Reggie it is just rediculous so in responce I have to ask what I am missing with Dinkins??? I checked the stats he doesnt make a lot of catches so he is not aa WR threat waiting to put Shockey out of a job or Miller. But seriously here is what get me he has not been healthy for nearly the entire camp preseason and now two games why are we waiting on him? Anyone know if SP is familiar with him or something?

He is a Saint so I support him. I dunno if his leg is healthy yet but traditionally we tend to get almost as many TEs hurt in a season as we do running backs. Right now we are using a backup O lineman as our third TE to shore up our hurting O line. Once Jamal Brown is back I reckon Dinkins can become part of the offense again. Sooner than that if Shockey or Thomas goes down. Right now he may seem like deadweight but he is vital depth.

Have some patience and faith. We may need the guy before we want to need him. He is all we have for depth right now and getting his leg right is part of him being ready when we evntually do need him.

I understand this thread. Yes, I have been wondering the same thing. We have been holding on to him as if he is Shockey and I don't know why. Maybe it will be a brilliant signing like Heath Evans or Hargrove. We'll see...

Sorry for the confusion I was just sick of the Smith Grant and Reggie thread stating the same things over and over.

I know who Dinkins is I just do not know why we are holding him on the active roster all of this time! Just seems a bit rediculous is he that good and at what? Roster spots are valuable and how is he going to be ready whenever he gets back he has NEVER played a snap with us

HERE WE GO AGAIN. UGH. If you are so sick of it why do you keep bringing it up? at least go talk about it on the previous posts so i won't have to argue this point for hours again with you. WHEN THEY EARN THEIR 120 MILLION DOLLARS people will shut up. until they get more than the occasional pressure or double team they are getting PAID TOO MUCH MONEY. UGH.

BTW, TE Martin Rucker a 4th round pick in the 2008 draft just got waived by the Browns. He has high potential as a receiver, and I wouldn't be surprised if we cut Dinkins for him, or at least sign him to our PS.

Cleveland+Browns+v+Chicago+Bears+CJtBB2BFI1Ul.jpg

Hopefully Dinkins will be ready for the Giants. We sure could use him. Not be said about the extent of his injury and how much longer he will be out. Truckman? Anyone?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom