Who is funnier, Ben or Jerry Stiller? (1 Viewer)

Who is funnier?

• Ben Stiller

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Jerry Stiller

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Amy Stiller

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Tacoes Stiller

Votes: 15 24.2%

• Total voters

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think either are funny in a way that puts them up there with the elite funny folk.

Jerry was funny but to a particular role. Not diverse IMO - he needs to be an obnoxious relative

Ben is more subtle straight man funny. I have never thought him to be that good but in the right role with a great supporting cast he is funny.

neither will ever be as satisfying as Tacoes.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Never understood the Ben Stiller hate
My guess is that since he often plays either an Everyman doofus or dbag butt of the joke, people wind up disliking him bc they dislike the characters

OP
tomwaits

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
My guess is that since he often plays either an Everyman doofus or dbag butt of the joke, people wind up disliking him bc they dislike the characters
Hey if he didn't want people to hate him, he could have not taken those roles.

Moon

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
LOL, some real harsh comments toward Ben Stiller on here---I admit there's some hit and miss, but Jerry Stiller spent a quarter century doing guest TV spots before he came back with Seinfeld. The Ben Stiller Show in 1992 only ran 9 episodes, but was the funniest sketch show on TV at the time. Lot of great stuff from Ben in the 90's to mid-2000's. I vote for the kid.........you want a piece of me??? YOU GOT ITTTTTTT!!!!!

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That's possible. I can't help but feel that he plays those roles because that's who he really is. But that doesn't change whether his is funny or not.

I mean, he's actually an okay actor, but I have just never found Ben himself to be funny. Funny things happen around him. Which is why I think whoever said that he is a straight man was right. He's a good straight man, but he can't really pull off being the funny guy. It just comes off jerky. But he has been in several movies that are actually pretty funny.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom