who is going to fall -would the saints pick ? (1 Viewer)

fastfreddy

sec 126
Reaction score
Every year a player falls where he is projected to be drafted. What if it's macfadden or ryan do we take em @ 10 .

I think the best thing to do in that scenario would be o use their value to another team to trade out of that spot for more picks

To me the question is this: If we pick Matt Ryan, is it reasonable to expect that we can groom him up such that his trade value sufficiently exceeds the cost of the #10 overall pick plus everything else we put into grooming him (including his contract)?

How much trade value would we have to get in return to make such an investment worth it? Has a team ever drafted a high profile player in the top 10 at a non-need position strictly to groom and later trade them?

I just don't see us ever getting THAT much for him in a future trade unless we're able to turn him into a proven pro bowl caliber player, in which case there would be a QB controversy in New Orleans (not that I'm saying it's likely). I'm just saying that even if we successfully groom him up, we'll still be hard pressed to make a huge profit.

Otherwise you're talking about drafting a player at #10 overall to basically be a career backup. Drew Brees is definitely not old enough to draft his future replacement this high. I guess that's sort of what the Chargers did, but I'd keep Drew Brees in New Orleans for quite a while, thank you very much.

So I guess what I'm saying is that there's a VERY small chance that we'll actually draft Matt Ryan, so if we fell to us, teams would KNOW that we're not going to draft him and won't be as desperate to trade up to our pick.

I'm afraid if Mcfadden falls, we'll basically just draft him. We'll obviously listen to trade offers (and hope there's a good one), but teams will KNOW that we would be willing to actually take him, unlike Ryan.

Last edited:
if that were to happen then try to trader down for later first and either a 3rd or 4th

How many years can we wait for a QB ? Don't get me wrong I LOVE DREW but luv my Saints more.

I hope McFadden falls, then we trade our #10 so Dallas can take him and we get back one of there late 1st rounders and Marion Barber. We then take best available DT or corner with that pick. Not likely, but Barber and Bush would dominate more thatn Deuce and Bush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom