Who is Mike Ornstein, and who does he work for? (1 Viewer)

Had to look up what this was about. Man if we lose more draft picks for COVID violations, while other teams get nada, I’m gonna be P'Oed.

And I agree with this comment by Donchovilla. So sick of the bs the league always throws our way.

Attachments

• E4186F5B-7BF3-4579-8285-290F8464AC9D.png
    E4186F5B-7BF3-4579-8285-290F8464AC9D.png
    784.6 KB · Views: 99
"Michael Ornstein is the name to know. As first reported by CBS's Mike Freeman, Ornstein—a close friend and confidant of Sean Payton—Ornstein on at least four occasions pledged his own money to the Saints' defense's bounty fund. In 2009, $10,000 toward knocking an opposing quarterback out of the game. In 2011, two separate contributions to targeting the quarterback. And on at least one other occasion, Ornstein pledged his money in an email to Payton, which spelled out the details of the bounty program.

The NFL knows this because it has that email, a highly incriminating paper trail that makes it impossible for Payton to argue his innocence, or for the Saints to claim the bounty never left the locker room. It might be the single most damaging piece of evidence, based solely on Ornstein's history.

Once upon a time, Ornstein was an NFL executive in charge of marketing. That was until he attempted to defraud the league out of $350,000. Ornstein conspired to submit fraudulent invoices to Los Angeles based manufacturers, pocketing the money and never providing the NFL with the merchandise they were led to believe they had purchased. He pleaded guilty to mail fraud, and served four months home confinement, five years of probation, and paid the NFL $160,000 in restitution.

Ornstein resurfaced a decade later, as the marketing agent who represented Reggie Bush when he turned pro. It soon came out that Ornstein had been a central figure in providing Bush with improper benefits while at USC, as Ornstein competed with eventual whistleblower Lloyd Lake for Bush's services. According to a Yahoo investigation, Ornstein had paid for airfare, limousine service and luxury hotel stays for Bush's family, as well as a weekly "allowance" of at least $1,500.

Despite this, Ornstein followed Bush to New Orleans and quickly became a member of the Saints' inner circle. The Times-Picayune reported that,

It was during that Super Bowl season when Ornstein allegedly offered 10 grand to injure opposing quarterbacks. The next year he was in trouble again, being brought up on federal fraud charges for two separate schemes. One involved selling trading cards with swatches of NFL jerseys, with Ornstein obtaining fake certificates of authenticity to claim the jerseys were game-worn. The other involved scalping Super Bowl tickets purchased from people who received them at face value from their employers—in many cases, NFL players. To cover their tracks, Ornstein rigged up fake forms indicating the Super Bowl tickets were going to charity.

Ornstein cooperated with investigators and was sentenced to eight months in prison. He began serving his time last March; it's not clear if he was still incarcerated when he was emailing Sean Payton to fund the bounty.

Here he is at Saints training camp. Here he is posing with Sean Payton and Drew Brees at a charity event. Here he is celebrating on the field with the team when the Saints won the Super Bowl. Mike Ornstein, never a Saints employee but exactly the sort of hanger-on you expect attached to a shady college program, was given an all-access pass in New Orleans for six seasons. If Roger Goodell needs any justification to bring the hammer down on the Saints, he need look no farther than the company they keep on the sidelines."

Some fool that didn't even work for the team was the setup guy. The idiot is a plant,a Fred savage mole. Guilt by association so DONT associate. Alvin can't keep ignoring the mask mandate. He is really putting the rest of the team at risk.

Then Payton is stupid.

Oh, wait, I meant to say an idiot.

Sorry, I meant to say he deserved his suspension and deserves more. Payton's on life support with me.
Payton simply has an issue with authority and seemingly continues with being a bit defiant. He never learns. Too bad. And if it should cost the organization a record amount of money and high draft picks, he probably needs to go. At the very least; Gayle needs to fine him, herself. It is ridiculous.

Had to look up what this was about. Man if we lose more draft picks for COVID violations, while other teams get nada, I’m gonna be P'Oed.

And I agree with this comment by Donchovilla. So sick of the bs the league always throws our way.

That’s me Humperdoo. This is absolutely ridiculous. Brings back all those old feelings from Bountygate. I’ve tried to move beyond that but if this punishment is anything other than a fine, we gotta raise hell. Not that it will do any good, but we should.

The Saints did an outstanding job of keeping COVID at bay this season. Proof is in the the fact that players got it, but were spaced to the point where close contact tracing showed that others weren’t affected.

Thats the whole friggin point of doing all of that. Kudos to the Saints.

Where and when did this Ornstein email surface, if it actually exists? If the NFL had it why wasn't it presented as evidence in any of the various court and league trials of the case. Remember, not one player was suspended or punished in the end. The whole thing was dropped due to lack of evidence. Sean did not have a union to represent him and did not pursue a legal remedy, he and the team were the only ones that suffered, all the players were restored. The whole thing was a ruse - 50,000 pages of evidence claimed but scribbling on one napkin presented. Yeah, right.

Where and when did this Ornstein email surface, if it actually exists? If the NFL had it why wasn't it presented as evidence in any of the various court and league trials of the case. Remember, not one player was suspended or punished in the end. The whole thing was dropped due to lack of evidence. Sean did not have a union to represent him and did not pursue a legal remedy, he and the team were the only ones that suffered, all the players were restored. The whole thing was a ruse - 50,000 pages of evidence claimed but scribbling on one napkin presented. Yeah, right.

The NFL suppressed the evidence because they didn't want the footage of Ornstein and Mrs. Goodell's BDSM sessions going public

That’s me Humperdoo. This is absolutely ridiculous. Brings back all those old feelings from Bountygate. I’ve tried to move beyond that but if this punishment is anything other than a fine, we gotta raise hell. Not that it will do any good, but we should.

The Saints did an outstanding job of keeping COVID at bay this season. Proof is in the the fact that players got it, but were spaced to the point where close contact tracing showed that others weren’t affected.

Thats the whole friggin point of doing all of that. Kudos to the Saints.
Too cool, had no idea I’d be quoting an SR member, and I agree 💯.

Now word comes out that Kamara refused to wear contact tracing device. He should be suspended if any action is to take place. Team can’t control a player like that 24/7. Also, again a feather in the team’s cap for controlling the Kamara “outbreak”caused by him not taking the proper precautions.

I get there are several sides to any given story, but if even some of this stuff is true, then CSP better drop whatever clear loyalties he has to this guy. Too much baggage.

This is not what I click on SR for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom