Who is most likely to be traded first? (1 Viewer)

Who is traded first?

• Alvin Kamara

Votes: 31 48.4%
  • Larry Warford

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Other (who)

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
As we move towards what will be (one of) Brees’ last season I have seen a lot of articles mentioning that Alvin Kamara or Larry Warford might be traded. This makes little to no sense to me as we want to win a Super Bowl, and removing one (or both) of these players would hurt those chances.

The basis behind these two trade rumors are both underperformed last season, they are both on the final year of their contracts, and they have a lot of interest given their high profile.

I don’t think the return we would receive for either player would be worth it.

I am sure that we will make some sort of trade (or roster is stacked), but I hope it’s neither of those two players.

I'd have to say it would be Warford. I'm always in favor of improving offensive line any way possible and if it means we can upgrade the position, then thats the way I would go. I do think Warford is still a decent piece, however. There are just too many variables with Kamara. Sean loves his toys, but he also has a knack for finding new ones and hasn't been shy about moving on from these players (Bush, Sproles, Ingram). Unless there are players we like in the draft or one we could get in return via trade, I just don't see Kamara being traded given Sean's low use (trust?) of Murray.

We do have Hill and Harris to keep the offense flexible, however, without a full-back, I can't see us making Murray the feature back. I also can't see Sean taking the team into the season without a scat back.

If we plan on drafting new talent on the line, then lets see what we can get with Warford while his value is still high.

Edit: Another thought is the contract situations. Kamara is at the end of his rookie deal. Given the finite amount of time we have left with Brees and Kamara looking for a big pay day after this season, this could be one of Kamara's best seasons yet. If we are all-in again, I would keep Kamara.

without an heir apparent, i doubt wither get moved
with the depth we have in the secondary, it would make more sense to trade Lattimore and that only makes like 2% sense

As we move towards what will be (one of) Brees’ last season I have seen a lot of articles mentioning that Alvin Kamara or Larry Warford might be traded. This makes little to no sense to me as we want to win a Super Bowl, and removing one (or both) of these players would hurt those chances.

The basis behind these two trade rumors are both underperformed last season, they are both on the final year of their contracts, and they have a lot of interest given their high profile.

I don’t think the return we would receive for either player would be worth it.

I am sure that we will make some sort of trade (or roster is stacked), but I hope it’s neither of those two players.
Not sure I've seen many, if any, such articles, not to mention the fact that if they exist, they're entirely speculative.

It's dot joining season, when 'journalists' have deadlines from their editors to come up with 'something'. Don't give them the oxygen they don't deserve.

After next season, the Saints have a bunch of key players who will be FAs...
Taysom Hill
Alvin Kamara
Larry Warford
Demario Davis
Alex Anzalone
Kiko Alonso...
Armstead and Cam Jordan’s salaries each pretty much double after next season...
...and then Ramczyk and Lattimore are due HUGE deals the following offseason.

Major changes are coming in the next 1-3 years

After next season, the Saints have a bunch of key players who will be FAs...
Taysom Hill
Alvin Kamara
Larry Warford
Demario Davis
Alex Anzalone
Kiko Alonso...
Armstead and Cam Jordan’s salaries each pretty much double after next season...
...and then Ramczyk and Lattimore are due HUGE deals the following offseason.

Major changes are coming in the next 1-3 years
And it's previously been illustrated how much money the team can deploy to effectively re-sign the key players as (or before) their deals expire.

Don't buy into the 'burn the house down' fallacy.

AK.

And no one is offering a first for Warford.

I agree about Warford. However, I can easily see a team like the Raiders or Dolphins being enamored with Kamara and being willing to part with a lot to acquire him. If that happened, the Saints should listen. Running backs, even ones as fun to watch as Kamara has been, have a short shelf life and are rarely worth the investment of a huge second contract. He isn't likely to take the kind of money Ingram was offered last year and I really don't want the Saints spending close to $10 million a year on a running back. If the Dolphins offered a first, a second and change, I am thanking him for his service and taking his replacement in the second or third round.

I don't think either will be traded, unless you get an obvious sure fire replacement in return otherwise you are creating a hole on the roster where there doesn't need to be.

Only way I see AK getting traded is if they know behind the scenes he's going to hold out, and they are sure they can get Clyde Edwards-Helaire to fill right in.

Sean wants a play-making receiving satellite back in his Offense and they still have another year before the have to pay AK, with Warford you don't just trade away a starting Guard for an unknown pick even if he did have a down year by his standards.

I agree about Warford. However, I can easily see a team like the Raiders or Dolphins being enamored with Kamara and being willing to part with a lot to acquire him. If that happened, the Saints should listen. Running backs, even ones as fun to watch as Kamara has been, have a short shelf life and are rarely worth the investment of a huge second contract. He isn't likely to take the kind of money Ingram was offered last year and I really don't want the Saints spending close to $10 million a year on a running back. If the Dolphins offered a first, a second and change, I am thanking him for his service and taking his replacement in the second or third round.
? agree. Thank you AK and bye.

I don't think either will be traded, unless you get an obvious sure fire replacement in return otherwise you are creating a hole on the roster where there doesn't need to be.

Only way I see AK getting traded is if they know behind the scenes he's going to hold out, and they are sure they can get Clyde Edwards-Helaire to fill right in.

Sean wants a play-making receiving satellite back in his Offense and they still have another year before the have to pay AK, with Warford you don't just trade away a starting Guard for an unknown pick even if he did have a down year by his standards.

I’d trade Larry if the pick was a first but we wouldn’t even get a 2nd for him. So he stays imo.

Either or both would surprise me, but neither would shock me.

Payton has been known to give up players and future draft choices for top RB's and OL. Edwards-Hellaire and 2-3 good OL should be there at 24 or in the 2'nd. I'm guessing Payton is coveting a better run game to help the defense and protect Papaw.

Either or both would surprise me, but neither would shock me.

Payton has been known to give up players and future draft choices for top RB's and OL. Edwards-Hellaire and 2-3 good OL should be there at 24 or in the 2'nd. I'm guessing Payton is coveting a better run game to help the defense and protect Papaw.

If he’s coveting a better run game he sure has a weird way of showing it. Lol
LM was great last season when he was called upon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom