Who is old enough to remember this? (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ran across this and it was very nostalgic for me. It brought back memories of when I first started watching the NFL in the mid 60's. Back then I really got excited when that opening theme song began playing. I rather liked that marching band type tune at the time.

Direct Link

As an added bonus, here is a recap of the 1967 season, which is the season when the Saints entered the NFL.

Direct Link

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I love me some highlights of the "old NFL," so I do enjoy seeing this. Much of that era was before I came of age, and I came of age when the NFL slowly became more about merchandising than football. The theme song that I most remember would be the late '70s/early '80's NFL Today theme. Then Musberger says, "Well, the Saints got their butts beat again this week. Jimmy says Bum's back on the hot seat..." :p

And I like this line from the 1967 NFL highlight video: "The Coastal Division was a paradox. On one hand, you had the two best teams, record-wise, in the league. On the other hand was Atlanta." :p

Last edited:

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sad to say that I am old enough to remember that music.
But there has always been a place in my heart for those old NFL Films music scores. This is one I remember humming as a kid...

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Ran across this and it was very nostalgic for me. It brought back memories of when I first started watching the NFL in the mid 60's. Back then I really got excited when that opening theme song began playing. I rather liked that marching band type tune at the time.

Direct Link

As an added bonus, here is a recap of the 1967 season, which is the season when the Saints entered the NFL.

Direct Link

I am in that number! That is awesome. 👌

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Yes. Don Criqui did a lot of Saints games in the early years .

Fall of 1970... I was a Freshman at Brother Martin High (...2nd school year of its existence).

Man... do I feel like a dinosaur!

:gosaints:

Last edited:

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Don Criqui did a lot of Saints games in the early years .
Yes, he called Tom Dempsey's 63 yard kick for the TV broadcast. You could even hear him chuckle a bit before the snap... but seconds later to exclaim while the ball was in the air heading for the goalposts, "I don't believe this!" :grin:

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. Don Criqui did a lot of Saints games in the early years .

Fall of 1970... I was a Freshman at Brother Martin High (...2nd school year of its existence).

Man... do I feel like a dinosaur!

:gosaints:

I've been accused many times of having a close resemblance to Don Cruqui, even by my wife. Someday I'll send that woman over the moon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom