Who is old enough to remember this? (1 Viewer)

Yes. Don Criqui did a lot of Saints games in the early years .

Fall of 1970... I was a Freshman at Brother Martin High (...2nd school year of its existence).

Man... do I feel like a dinosaur!

:gosaints:

I've been accused many times of having a close resemblance to Don Cruqui, even by my wife. Someday I'll send that woman over the moon.

When I was a young lad, I seem to remember spending a considerable portion of my time fretting that I wasn't old enough to do various things.
But now that I'm getting some age on me, I'm delighted to be young enough not to remember certain things that were simply "before my time".
Go figure!

Thanks for that Andrus. Especially the '67 highlights. I'm surprised how much of that I do remember.

I even remember Charley Taylor before they moved him to WR. I thought they were insane.

I remember the national station had a green scoreboard stashed away in Tulane stadium that they used for reporting scores from around the league. A reporter would give updates in front of the green board. Someone finally suggested to have it done at a central place and not in each stadium. This was when the network showed halftime entertainment from the stadiums. They would cut away to a room in the stadium with the big green board providing updated scores. Wish I could find a picture of the board.

Last edited:
I'm old enough to remember the Kennedy/Nixon debates, Roger Maris' journey to 61 homers and the original Ben Hur movie playing at the theater. These are a piece of cake. :hihi:

I remember it well. The CBS theme made a huge impression on me as a kid.

While the 1969 theme was before Sam Spence, a few years ago I went back and found Sam Spence's catalog BEFORE he was hired by NFL Films.

This is "Electric Texas" (1972)

Standard Oil no longer exits, its actually busted up into a lot of other companies. Maybe Exxon is an old relative....not sure. Rothchilds were on the BOD for Standard Oil back in the day also....when i was a kid i do remember some music theme similar to that but that was the late 70"s....

Old enough to remember the music and JIMMY THE GREEK! Been a long time coming but I guess reporting about gambling on sports shows is coming back :D

Ran across this and it was very nostalgic for me. It brought back memories of when I first started watching the NFL in the mid 60's. Back then I really got excited when that opening theme song began playing. I rather liked that marching band type tune at the time.

Direct Link

As an added bonus, here is a recap of the 1967 season, which is the season when the Saints entered the NFL.

Direct Link

uhmmm. I'm old enough, unfortunately ...

I'm not quite old enough to remember that. I was born the same year the Saints started playing, but I didn't start watching football until probably '73 or '74, that I can recall. And of those years, I mostly just remember going out into the yard and pretending to be Archie throwing the ball to myself (like him, I would always scramble for a good two or three minutes before getting rid of the ball.) Or if the weather was bad, making diving catches onto the sofa, also from self-thrown passes. :youpi-12::sparky:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom