Who is old enough to remember this? (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ran across this and it was very nostalgic for me. It brought back memories of when I first started watching the NFL in the mid 60's. Back then I really got excited when that opening theme song began playing. I rather liked that marching band type tune at the time.

Direct Link

As an added bonus, here is a recap of the 1967 season, which is the season when the Saints entered the NFL.

Direct Link

I love me some highlights of the "old NFL," so I do enjoy seeing this. Much of that era was before I came of age, and I came of age when the NFL slowly became more about merchandising than football. The theme song that I most remember would be the late '70s/early '80's NFL Today theme. Then Musberger says, "Well, the Saints got their butts beat again this week. Jimmy says Bum's back on the hot seat..." :p

And I like this line from the 1967 NFL highlight video: "The Coastal Division was a paradox. On one hand, you had the two best teams, record-wise, in the league. On the other hand was Atlanta." :p

Last edited:
Ran across this and it was very nostalgic for me. It brought back memories of when I first started watching the NFL in the mid 60's. Back then I really got excited when that opening theme song began playing. I rather liked that marching band type tune at the time.

Direct Link

As an added bonus, here is a recap of the 1967 season, which is the season when the Saints entered the NFL.

Direct Link

I am in that number! That is awesome. 👌

Don Criqui did a lot of Saints games in the early years .
Yes, he called Tom Dempsey's 63 yard kick for the TV broadcast. You could even hear him chuckle a bit before the snap... but seconds later to exclaim while the ball was in the air heading for the goalposts, "I don't believe this!" :grin:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom