Who is our best defensive player? (1 Viewer)

My vote is for C Jordan. Followed by C Lofton......A Hicks is another one worth keeping a close eye on...

Really, the rest has some catching up to do...

Still trying to figure out how someone said Greer had a bad year. Does giving up 1-2 touchdowns over an entire season mean you played badly?

Last year, Jordan. But I'm thinking that Greer. Has a comeback year. He was injured most of last year, and I think that he is ready to prove himself. I could also see Jenkins having a good year. Maybe all this talk of cutting him lights a fire under his butt

Harper probably. He flies all over the field and has the versatility to play linebacker sometimes too. He may have been the only defender we had this season that should've made the pro bowl. His tackle numbers, sacks, passes defensed, and C on his chest speak for themselves
:smilielol:

I'll go with cam jordan followed by lofton. Cam is a superb run defender, and as a pass rusher ok he's not really ideal but from time to time he finds some way to get to the qb. Lofton regressed a lot last year but i don't know if it was scheme-based, because of the pitiable lack of talent of any kind on D or because he wasn't as good as advertised. Can't wait to see him play this year

1. Cam Jordan
2. Curtis Lofton
3. Jabari Greer
POWER GAP
4. David Hawthorne
5. Broderick Bunkley
6. Akiem Hicks
7. Jonathan Vilma
8. Roman Harper

Harper probably. He flies all over the field and has the versatility to play linebacker sometimes too. He may have been the only defender we had this season that should've made the pro bowl. His tackle numbers, sacks, passes defensed, and C on his chest speak for themselves

Cam Jordan is probably 1b. We landed on this pick hard. Dude has the makings of a perfect 3-4 end but has played well in the 4-3 too. The only thing he can't do is run cam newton and rg3 down from behind. The kid can ball

I would agree that Harper is probably our best defender for what he does... then I go Lofton then Jordan.

Cam Jordan is probably 1b. We landed on this pick hard. Dude has the makings of a perfect 3-4 end but has played well in the 4-3 too. The only thing he can't do is run cam newton and rg3 down from behind. The kid can ball

:spit: you forgot the /sarcasm thing

TBH To say that someone is the BEST player on the NFL's Record Setting worst defense in history is not saying much at all...JMHO

Jordan.

1 Sack CAR - pressure by Ellis - clean up sack by Jordan
1 Sack KC - pressure by Galette - clean up sack by Jordan
1 Sack TB - 4th down sacked Freeman going Ob credited with a sack
1 Sack SD - pressure by Galette(Held?) - clean up sack by Jordan

Philly 3 sacks by Jordan against thrashed Philly O-line

7 sacks ???

8 sacks total.

Jordan.

1 Sack CAR - pressure by Ellis - clean up sack by Jordan
1 Sack KC - pressure by Galette - clean up sack by Jordan
1 Sack TB - 4th down sacked Freeman going Ob credited with a sack
1 Sack SD - pressure by Galette(Held?) - clean up sack by Jordan

Philly 3 sacks by Jordan against thrashed Philly O-line

7 sacks ???

8 sacks total.

8 sacks and led the team from the Left End spot where most QBs see you coming. He should have gotten more sacks in the Philly game because Vick is left handed.

You bring up a good point though that the D-Line works in tandem. Let's total QB Hits and Sacks on the year as a total # chances you could have sacked the QB. The sacks over the total chances gives you sack efficiency.

Can we agree that as the Right End, Will Smith should have more QB hits and Sacks?

Cameron Jordan: 8 Sacks + 12 QB Hits = 20 QB touches; 8/20 = 40% Sack Efficiency

Will Smith: 6 sacks + 19 QB Hits = 25 QB touches; 6/25 = 24% Sack Efficiency

Ergo, Jordan was our best pass rusher and 8 sacks is nothing to scoff at.

8 sacks and led the team from the Left End spot where most QBs see you coming. He should have gotten more sacks in the Philly game because Vick is left handed.

You bring up a good point though that the D-Line works in tandem. Let's total QB Hits and Sacks on the year as a total # chances you could have sacked the QB. The sacks over the total chances gives you sack efficiency.

Can we agree that as the Right End, Will Smith should have more QB hits and Sacks?

Cameron Jordan: 8 Sacks + 12 QB Hits = 20 QB touches; 8/20 = 40% Sack Efficiency

Both smith and Jordan played a good bit of DT this season too...a position that isn't predicated on making tackles and sacks

Everyone talks down Will Smiths 13 sack year of 2009, because he had more opportunities than the average D-end in obvious passing situations. They talk down the "coverage sacks" by Ellis in 2010. Jordan's "sack" stats last year were highly inflated. Even though he is a dynamic run defender. he is clearly NOT a pass rusher in any sense of the word.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom