Who is our next 1000 yard back? (1 Viewer)

Who is our next 1000 yard rushers?

• Reggie Bush

Votes: 102 35.5%
  • Deuce McAllister

Votes: 60 20.9%
  • Pierre Thomas

Votes: 102 35.5%
  • Aaron Stecker

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 7.3%

• Total voters
It's Deuce or Thomas. Deuce is the favorite if healthy but I see Thomas as being certainly more than capable of carrying the load for this franchise for a long time to come. He isn't the outright bull that Deuce is but he looks like he could be a solid running back and should be a great backup running back for us and further allow us to make Bush a utility player where he excels.

Actually, I posted a thread about this 2 weeks ago. But, I really do agree. I think, however, that PT will hit 1000 yds this year. He has shown every skill I want to see in a feature RB. I'm including his preseason, which was good enough for coach to cut pittman, and his 50 carries in the regular season. The only things he has not proven yet are durability and ball protection. These can only be proven with time and carries, and I hope he gets both this year.

Why does Pierre Thomas get "time and carries" but Reggie can't? Reggie is getting $60+ mill and u wanna invest time in Pierre?

It's going to be Bush. 1000 yards isn't even that great anymore. He could just slightly improve his rushing and reach the mark as long as he stays healthy and gets an average number of carries.

I thought Stecker did a stellar job at the end of the season! Is there a reason he won't be as productive next season?

Bush. I expect Westbrook like numbers from him this season and a silencing of the critics.

Meily, you love to argue this point with me. Why can't Bush have receptions and carries? By your logic, everyone with a $60 mil contract needs carries, so I guess Charles Grant better start practicing taking the handoff. Bush gets paid to make help this team win. PERIOD. At whatever position he is put by the coaches. RB, WR, QB, whatever. Why does it matter to you what position he plays?

you're crazy why do you want Reggie to play QB, the only time I saw him thow the ball it was an int. edit: (sorry I read oyur post wrong I thought you said you wanted reggie at QB)

poor Stecker.... other got more votes than he did.

Last edited:
Don't hate on Reggie Bush. He was stupid good his rookie season, receptions and carries. Every time Reggie touches the ball I sit up and wait for him to sprain free. If he gets one little step ahead, "Kiss his *** good-bye!". Just to get everyones memory back, and thinking correctly, here is a video. (I love watching Reggie highlights,....hell I love watching Saints highlights.)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hE-tmbX4Mmc&feature=related
(Music sucks , but excellent picture clarity.)

Rushing

Reggie plays for 2 seasons and everyone says he will never be a running back, if he isn't injured I think he could easily rush and recieve for 1000 yards each. It takes players like reggie time to develop into a full time running back, but he will and it will probally be soon. Everyone seems to remember his bad rushing games, but he has had some amazing games running the ball until we stopped giving it to him for some reason.

Reggie has 1 - 100 yard rushing game in 28 games so I don't see how everyone thinks he is going to easily rush for 1000 yards in a season.

Bush. I expect Westbrook like numbers from him this season and a silencing of the critics.

I'm with you on that, however I thought the same thing last year. Then when Deuce went down I really thought it would happen. I believe Reggie is at Sean Paytons mercy, even when Reggie was the full time starter he was only getting 12-15 rushes a game. You can't get it done with those touches. He's gotta have 15-20 like every other back in the league.

Did you guys watch the same games as I? Did you go to them? Reggie is a great "TALENT!" Why would you waste that $60 mil by getting him injured every year? Reggie is not built to be a feature back and I'd rather not fatten him to be one. I could care less about who else has done it before because their name wasn't Reggie Bush. Reggie's talents are best suited for one on one match ups. He needs space to do his "thing" and to this point thats as a utility type player.

Think back to his first year when everyone in the league respected him because you never knew how he would be used. This drove defenses nuts and now we want him to sit back and be a feature back. WRONG! Get everyone guessing and play to his talents.

I don't know how #26 will recover and I'm not sold on PT either. But from the conclusion of last season I said that another back would need to be brought in. Even if that justs for competition, we need a power back as an insurance policy. I for one don't care for another season of rushing like last years.

Did you guys watch the same games as I? Did you go to them? Reggie is a great "TALENT!" Why would you waste that $60 mil by getting him injured every year? Reggie is not built to be a feature back and I'd rather not fatten him to be one. I could care less about who else has done it before because their name wasn't Reggie Bush. Reggie's talents are best suited for one on one match ups. He needs space to do his "thing" and to this point thats as a utility type player.

Think back to his first year when everyone in the league respected him because you never knew how he would be used. This drove defenses nuts and now we want him to sit back and be a feature back. WRONG! Get everyone guessing and play to his talents.

QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I've done a little number crunching and it appears that Reggie's YPC are the lowest of any of our running backs over the last two years. And about that injury, his YPC are actually higher when he was hurt. If anyone needs these #'s I'll be glad to post them.

Reggie has 1 - 100 yard rushing game in 28 games so I don't see how everyone thinks he is going to easily rush for 1000 yards in a season.

Because you don't have to rush for a 100 yards in a game to rush for 1000 yards in a season?

Meily, you love to argue this point with me. Why can't Bush have receptions and carries? By your logic, everyone with a $60 mil contract needs carries, so I guess Charles Grant better start practicing taking the handoff. Bush gets paid to make help this team win. PERIOD. At whatever position he is put by the coaches. RB, WR, QB, whatever. Why does it matter to you what position he plays?

You to have a misconception b/c this is not Madden 2008 even though your the coach you don't just make 60 million dollar players change positions. Maybe in high school or college, but when you have guaranteed money you can basically player where you want....and i'm sure thats in his contract. He is a RB !! i'm sure he knows he'll be used all over the field, but they can't just come up to him and say "Hey Reggie, we need you to start playing WR full time b/c PT is the better option" I'm not saying Reggie wouldn't do it, but after the season he might hold out for a trade or something. He's not a puppet, he's a franchise player...and the reason the dome is sold out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom