Who is Saints BEST Defensive player? (1 Viewer)

Jordan has to be the best overall, but Rankins’ contributions have been invaluable. His emergence can be cited as one of the primary reasons we’re likely to have a first round bye.

When I saw Cam Jordan (vs Dallas, down 13-10, with Dallas in our red zone) fight through an egregious holding penalty by the RT, sack Dak Prescott, strip the ball AND recover the fumble... I knew he was the BEST DE to EVER wear a Saints uniform.

I really think its Cam.. but Rankins and Demario Davis have been HUGE as well.. they are huge playmakers. Davenport has been good, would like to see more consistent pressure.

Saints are the #14 total D right now... #7 in total offense.. a top 15 D should have us in the superbowl. Oddly enough Im more worried about the offense these days (Mainly the O line)

Cam is the best and MVP and it's not even debatable. Rankins has improved a lot each season and he's starting to hit his stride and will only get better, and I think he can be better that La"roi Glover. . I think the two of them are the best pair of DE and DT out there. They work well off each other and make each other better.

Cam Jordan PERIOD END OF STORY!

There are a lot of talented guys and guys that are ascending into top-tier players (Lattimore, Rankins, Davis, Davenport, etc...) but Cam Jordan is the straw that stirs the drink.

It’s not even a question it’s Cam Jordan. That’s like creating a thread “who is the Saints best QB

Ricky Jackson. Hands down!

Oh. You mean this year...

Tough call but I think Demario Davis is the biggest contributor to the improvement against the run and that's the biggest difference in this defense. We certainly couldn't do it without the Pro Bowl level contribution of a lot of other players but Davis has taken the defense to another level.

I'm still hoping more translation of Davenport's talent into impact plays can ratchet this defense another level.

Ditto for Marcus Williams.

Cam.... but in a way Eli Apple....because now we don't got a instant PI call on alot of deep pass plays....

First game, it was Cam, and still is. HOWEVER, you could at least make an argument for the others now. That says ALOT about how much our boys have progressed this season. But, Cam is still the best on D. Now, who has been the most impactful, or the MVP of the D is actually very debatable.

#1 is Jordan - not even close - he makes the front four better.

#2 is Davis - he makes all of the other linebackers better, and is the key to our #1 run defense.

#3 is Lattimore - he mostly shuts down one receiver, but does not necessarily make anybody else better.

The other guys are all pretty good but none are especially "valuable".

#1 is Jordan - not even close - he makes the front four better.

#2 is Davis - he makes all of the other linebackers better, and is the key to our #1 run defense.

#3 is Lattimore - he mostly shuts down one receiver, but does not necessarily make anybody else better.

The other guys are all pretty good but none are especially "valuable".

If you don't think Rankins is valuable to this defense then you haven't been watching the same games I have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom