Who is the 2nd best QB in the NFC? (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I have heard this question numerous times over the last two weeks on ESPN, radio talk shows, internet articles, etc. The only thing that is common in every one of them is Drew Brees is the best and it is a given. Who da thunk it, Saints and best QB in the same sentence. Last time that happened was when people said the Saints defense made {insert QB here} look like the best Qb in football.

Man it is great to know that we have the best QB in the NFC, arguably the best in the league right now. Its fun to say though.

The Saints of the best QB in the conference.

See, its fun every time you say it:D

Here's how I'd rank the top 5 QBs in the league:

1. P. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. Brees
5. McNabb

Last edited:
Here's how I'd rank the top 10 QBs in the league:

1. P. Manning
2. Brady
3. Palmer
4. Brees
5. McNabb

I'd have Brees ahead of Brady and Palmer if your judging on performance and not past sucesses.

I'd have Brees ahead of Brady and Palmer if your judging on performance and not past sucesses.

I considered a combination of this year's performance with previous seasons as well. But even just considering this season I'd have Palmer ahead of Brees by a nose (not Brady though).

1.Payton Manning
2.DREW BRESS
3.TOM Brady
4. Carson Palmer
5.Tony Romo / Phillip Rivers

My 2 cents. I really like to put Drew No#1 to be honest

6. Hasselbeck
7. Bulger
8. Rivers
9. Romo
10. Favre

Is it just me, or is the overall # of quality NFL QB's decreasing?

Isn't Bulger doing terrible this year? I think I'd put Chad Pennington on there before Bulger.

I'd say Brady deserves the top ranking. He's got the rings and has really carried the Pats far this year. He's working with much less talent than the others in the top five. He's lost his go to recievers and still they are winning games. I didn't think the Pats would contend at all this year. To me it's a toss-up between Brees, Manning and Brady. Palmer and Rivers are close behind though. McNabb has had a good year up until the injury, but I would put him sixth on the list in my book. Until Manning or Brees get a ring, I'm not putting them at the top. It's a dilemma similar to the comparisons between Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly and Joe Montana. Most would rank Montana and Elway ahead of Kelly and Marino. But Marino's number were staggering and he's probably the best never to win the SB with Kelly close behind. I'd rather have the rings, heh.

Top five from me

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Brees
4. Palmer
5. Rivers

Brees is the best in the NFC bar-none, and I think he's a solid contender for the MVP this year. If the Saints finish storng, I think he'll win it going away and depending on his performance in the playoffs can get the top ranking from me.

Best QB's in the league:
1. Manning - No denying he's the cream of the crop.
2. Brady - There's no one I'd rather have with the ball at the end of the game when you need a score.
3. Brees - He is having an incredible season and his past two years in San Diego prove he's no fluke.
4. Mcnabb - He's had a couple of troubling years due to injuries, but when he is on he is on.
5. Tomlinson - All the dude does is throw Touchdown passes. Joking, of course.

Only competition for Brees is Mcnabb in the NFC. This year, the second would have to be Favre, i guess, but that is a distant second right now.

Isn't Bulger doing terrible this year? I think I'd put Chad Pennington on there before Bulger.

Nah, just in two of the last 3 games. He's been playing with a bruised rib for those games.

2858 passing yards, 63.8%, 14 TD's, 4 INT's, 92.7 QB Rating.

I wouldn't call that terrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom