Who is the 3rd candidate and why is everyone so sure about RYAN? (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Just coz GRANTHAM withdrew doesnt mean RYAN's job is secured ..... I am not gonna lose hope until its officially announced .... I really think we can make it to the SB this coming season .... but if its RYAN then I would have to think again over my thoughts.

Ryan is a proven, successful DC who is the best fit for our defense. He runs a 1-gap, attacking-style 3-4 defense which is best suited for players like Jordan, Hicks, Bunkley, Tez Wilson, Lofton, and Galette. He also runs a lot of man coverage, which is ideal for our entire secondary, especially Robinson and Greer. Most importantly, he is loved by his players for his knowledge, passion, teaching ability, and aggressiveness. He is basically Gregg Williams with out the craziness, which is great for this team.

nobody is 100% it's Ryan and we don't know who the 3rd candidate is

Ryan is a proven, successful DC who is the best fit for our defense. He runs a 1-gap, attacking-style 3-4 defense which is best suited for players like Jordan, Hicks, Bunkley, Tez Wilson, Lofton, and Galette. He also runs a lot of man coverage, which is ideal for our entire secondary, especially Robinson and Greer. Most importantly, he is loved by his players for his knowledge, passion, teaching ability, and aggressiveness. He is basically Gregg Williams with out the craziness, which is great for this team.

He belongs to the BUDDY RYAN coaching tree just like GW ... and each and every branch of that tree is filled with EGO and ARROGANCE .... p.s. .... no defense every co-ordinated by ROB RYAN has ever made it to the post season ...

no defense every co-ordinated by ROB RYAN has ever made it to the post season ...

He also has never been able to coach a team with an offense like the Saints. Go ahead and take a look at the QBs he has had on previous teams as a coordinator. It's no wonder they didn't make the post season. I'm not saying he is my favorite choice, but it looks like he may be the best one out of all available right now.

He belongs to the BUDDY RYAN coaching tree just like GW ... and each and every branch of that tree is filled with EGO and ARROGANCE .... p.s. .... no defense every co-ordinated by ROB RYAN has ever made it to the post season ...

I didn't know there were teams in the NFL that only played defense.

No defense he has ever had... had OUR offense!

He is actually also pretty crazy...a good thing for any defensive player/coach in my opinion. What he does not have is Narcissistic personality disorder, which Gregg Williams had in spades.. Go back and listen/read Gregg Williams interviews everything always revolved around his past accomplishments,his son's accomplishments, etc. Then you see what he did when he did not get the contract extension from the Saints.. Rob Ryan grows his hair out so he can cut it once a year and donate it to locks of love for Cancer patients in need of wigs. That is a pretty selfless act if you ask me. And the majority of people do not know that is why he started growing his hair long. The reason, because he does not going around telling everyone about his good deed like Greg Williams would tell you in every interview he did.

No he does not. He coached with his dad for only 2 years 1994-1995, with the Arizona Cardinals. He was the LB coach for the New England Patriots from 2000-2003 under Bill Belichick/Romeo Crennel and won 2 Super Bowls. Then he went on to be the Raiders DC from 2004-2008 and survived 3 different head coaches, multiple crappy QBs, turnover prone offenses,etc. but still managed to have the #3 ranked def in 2006. He did such a terrible job that Eric Mangini (Belichick tree) hired him to be the DC of the Browns. Then he went on to be the DC of the Cowboys 3-4 defense that Bill Parcells started in Dallas. I swear some of you people are blind. You do not constantly keep getting hired as a defensive coordinator by multiple organizations/coaches unless you are well respected in the coaching circles. Yes he does have some Arrogance and Ego but Sean Payton has just as much if not more and that is a good thing. As long as you don't have Narcissistic personality disorder like Greg Williams, a little arrogance and ego rubs off on your players and confidence is half the battle in this business.

You forget we won a Super Bowl with that defense! I would take Rob Ryan over GW any day and I actually liked him a lot until all of the bounty stuff. He changed the culture of our D which Ryan will bring back again. I'm sure this time Sean P will make sure he is friends and has a great working relationship with the guy which everyone has seen to have had. Mangini raved about him once on 1st take how every game they worked together and put a game plan together and Rob Ryan was always willing to do what was best and didn't have that EGO everyone says and thinks he has. I think he is a humbled GW who will be respectful and understanding Sean P is boss. He will bring a great assistant along with him and once again our defense will be something to deal with and qbs won't like it. Except this time it's a 3-4 and we got some studs for it! Rob Ryan is the perfect for for te Saints and Nola!

mountaineerdude said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by nosaints213

Ego is fine in my book. Heck, it helped hand us our first superbowl. I Don't care what anyone says, bounties didn't have have a thing to do with it.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

He is actually also pretty crazy...a good thing for any defensive player/coach in my opinion. What he does not have is Narcissistic personality disorder, which Gregg Williams had in spades.. Go back and listen/read Gregg Williams interviews everything always revolved around his past accomplishments,his son's accomplishments, etc. Then you see what he did when he did not get the contract extension from the Saints.. Rob Ryan grows his hair out so he can cut it once a year and donate it to locks of love for Cancer patients in need of wigs. That is a pretty selfless act if you ask me. And the majority of people do not know that is why he started growing his hair long. The reason, because he does not going around telling everyone about his good deed like Greg Williams would tell you in every interview he did.

Exactly. Good post.

I was in a rush when I was typing, but you said what I meant to say. Rob Ryan is "crazy" in a good way, whereas GW was just nuts.

dont want him anywhere near this team unless he can teach sound fundamentals that this team apparently has lacked for quite some time

Lacked fundamentals how??? Missing tackles, lacking speed, or poor angles while attacking the ball carrier all sound like personnel issues. I personally blame the defensive scouts before I blame the coach.

I also didn't care how loud or arrogant GW was when he got here because he brought RESULTS with him. If we get Ryan as DC I know it can't be worse than the worst YPG defense in history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom