Who is the best cornerback in saints history? (2 Viewers)

Johnny "All Pro Poe Must Go" Poe and Dave Waymer were the CB's when we played SF in their glory years. Rice and Taylor owned these guys. Waymer was a safety playing out of position.

Most of the guru's of this board don't seem to realize that the the Saints' history didn't start with Sean Payton or Jim Haslett. Roflmao

not a CB, but i would say Sharper and Sammy Knight were huge secondary additions. CB wise, it's gotta be Greer and McKenzie.

Toi Cook easily........nah Im joking MM was consistent for a stretch also Jabari Greer.

I have seen Waymer's name a few times and thought it was a joke. He and Toi Cook were two of our worst. They were terrible. Waymer ended up racking up INTs because he was thrown on so much.

I heard that! Those two and Johnny "Rhymes with Whiz" Poe were turnstiles.

Waymer used to get a bag of beignets at the Riverwalk before the games. Because carbo-loading fried dough was gonna help him break on a Montana ball. Decent safety with SF, I suppose.

Fred Thomas could play some CB early on. Sad to see so many who never got to see him when he could ball. And he could tackle pretty well for a smaller guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom