Who is the best cornerback in saints history? (1 Viewer)

Don't we have DB who is already in the HOF, he played in the 60's/70's

Ashley Ambrose played a decent season with the Saints before selling out to Atlanta. Dale Carter was a ferocious beast in his prime but the Saints got him a little late in his career.

Greer his first two years. He was a true shutdown corner. Teams completely quit throwing at him. Until his sports hernia surgery right before last season, he was far ahead of everyone else. The predictor was very good to for a year of two. Tracy Porter gets an honorable mention. CBs lose it overnight and often get skewed by their late career play. See Fred Thomas for the perfect example. He was a decent corner in his prime.

Fred Thomas in my opinion in his prime was a beast.

I agree he was one of the best cb's we have had.
I hate that Freddy Thomas is referred to on this board as being terrible. Sure he played one year too long. It seemed like when he broke his arm, he wasn't the same after that..

Jason David.
Yeah, but that was only till the season opener. Then he showed his true abilities.

images

I agree with the earlier post that Eric Allen was past his prime by the time we got him because I recall him getting burned repeatedly while in the black and gold. When he first got here, teams avoided throwing to his side due to his reputation. Then once they realized he had lost a step, it became a touchdown fest on his side. He was the first player that made me realize that Pro Bowl voting truly is a popularity contest and not necessarily based on the year's performance.

Dave Waymer, but like fools we let him move on
Eric Allen

Nope it can't be Jason David. Remember he got beat statistically by our lockdown corner named Hole Inthezone. He was the first invisible player in the NFL and our second best CB that year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom