Who is the Coach of the Year now? (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
After the Atlanta flop, is Coach Payton still the favorite for Coach of the year? Let's all face it. Part of a Coaches job is to get his team prepared to play. Even motivating his players so they are at their most optimum for a superior performance.

We all know that in the Atlanta game, the team (with the exception of a few players), didn't show up. It was a flop - a dud. Completely.

Now, I for one still believe that Payton is Coach of the year after what he did without the GOAT on the field. When it was plain that TB was gonna be the starting QB for the Saints for an extended period, I thought our chances at winning the Division were gone, not even to mention the Superbowl. Yet, we won 5 straight games. TB is a fine game manager, but he is no Drew Brees, and he's not even the best fit at QB for the type of offense we run.

This, to me, puts the Honor of COY all on Sean Payton.

Now, there are others who are in consideration. I'm bad with names, so I won't even try to name them, but the guy in SanFran comes to mind. To go from a bad losing season, to being undefeated for most of the season is phenomenal. But, he also has an excuse. Last year, he was without his true starting QB, who came back this year.

So, what does everyone think? Is it Coach Payton?

I don't think one game kills anyones chances at all. Shanahan has to be considered on even shakier ground after the last few weeks and a gauntlet coming up. Nothing will surprise me with anything having to do with a vote though.

If he continues the comeback and makes the playoffs, my best guess would probably be Tomlin.

Gruden 100% if Raiders win the divison. I'd still lean him if they make the playoffs.

It's still Shanny to lose because of the year to year improvement regardless if we beat him.

*Cough* Large market Bias *Cough*

John Harbaugh

He is running a completely different offense than the rest of the league. He not just making it work, but leads the league in scoring.

Strahan and Peyton are both in the running. SF plays both the Ravens and Saints in games that will decide CotY.

Man, for me it's a struggle between Dan Guinn and Riverboat Ron. This question torments me. :confused: If only they both could be selected for COY and then retained and then get paid lots of money and then sign 10-year contracts.

I DO NOT feel either of these "Coaches" should be consider for the award. This is clearly my cat's opinion, which he felt the need to share with everyone from my unguarded computer's keyboard. Sorry for the confusion.

John Harbaugh

He is running a completely different offense than the rest of the league. He not just making it work, but leads the league in scoring.

Strahan and Peyton are both in the running. SF plays both the Ravens and Saints in games that will decide CotY.
I was confused for a few minutes trying to figure out who Michael Strahan was coaching while doing his pre-game gig on Fox. Then I realized you meant Shanahan.

;)

John Harbaugh

Seems weird... He let Joe Flacco hold him back for almost a half a decade and now he seems so reinvigorated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom