Who is the Coach of the Year now? (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Sticky Post
After the Atlanta flop, is Coach Payton still the favorite for Coach of the year? Let's all face it. Part of a Coaches job is to get his team prepared to play. Even motivating his players so they are at their most optimum for a superior performance.

We all know that in the Atlanta game, the team (with the exception of a few players), didn't show up. It was a flop - a dud. Completely.

Now, I for one still believe that Payton is Coach of the year after what he did without the GOAT on the field. When it was plain that TB was gonna be the starting QB for the Saints for an extended period, I thought our chances at winning the Division were gone, not even to mention the Superbowl. Yet, we won 5 straight games. TB is a fine game manager, but he is no Drew Brees, and he's not even the best fit at QB for the type of offense we run.

This, to me, puts the Honor of COY all on Sean Payton.

Now, there are others who are in consideration. I'm bad with names, so I won't even try to name them, but the guy in SanFran comes to mind. To go from a bad losing season, to being undefeated for most of the season is phenomenal. But, he also has an excuse. Last year, he was without his true starting QB, who came back this year.

So, what does everyone think? Is it Coach Payton?

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They're 7-2 despite losing their Hall of Fame QB. Yes, he's still in the running, even though they lost to Atlanta. Are you seriously saying that Sean Payton oughtn't be considered for CoY if they finish 14-2 but one of those losses is to Atlanta? Think better.

OP
OP

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
They're 7-2 despite losing their Hall of Fame QB. Yes, he's still in the running, even though they lost to Atlanta. Are you seriously saying that Sean Payton oughtn't be considered for CoY if they finish 14-2 but one of those losses is to Atlanta? Think better.
Who? Me personally, I'm saying that Sean Payton is COY. You lose the GOAT, and still win 5 straight games with a game manager and defense, you have to be COY.

crosswatt

Bulldawg was my friend
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's just gotta be Zac Taylor in Cincinnati. The Dolphins we're thinking they were going to cruise to that sweet number one overall pick, but Taylor has shepherded his squad into sole contention for that honor.

OP
OP

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
It's just gotta be Zac Taylor in Cincinnati. The Dolphins we're thinking they were going to cruise to that sweet number one overall pick, but Taylor has shepherded his squad into sole contention for that honor.
I think Washington is worse. The Bungles are always the Bungles, but Washington really took the case. They had a starting QB who was very good for them, then allowed a wash to come with Keenum, and where are they at now? What a joke of a Front Office.

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
If the Steelers can somehow make the playoffs Tomlin should get it.

LaFleur could very well get it if GB gets the #1 seed. Same goes for Payton.

One HC no one of talking about is John Gruden. After the AB fiasco that team was left for dead. If they win the division he's got the award seen up. If he makes the playoffs he also has a good shot at it.

In order

1. Gruden wins the division
2. Shanahan gets the #1 seed
3. Tomlin makes the playoffs
4. Gruden makes the playoffs
5. LaFleur or Payton get the #1 seed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom