Who is the definate #1 CB in the Draft? (1 Viewer)

if u want to go with versatility, someone who can play multiple positions (CB/PR/KR), I'd go with McKelvin. His ability to catch the ball has been questioned, but that can be taught. He has good press and off-man coverage skills and he had 7 kickoff returns for touchdowns in his college career (one shy of the NCAA record by the way). Some may also question his level of competition, but I'd love to have a guy who was coached by the same coordinators that has given the NFL Osi Umenyiora and DeMarcus Ware (both Troy alumni).

From what I have seen, DRC is a better returner and catcher than McKelvin. If someone could really be taught to catch, why are Henderson and Co. still leading the league in drops?

He excels in celebrations. Anytime he makes a tackle, sheds a block or defends a pass he takes a few extra moments to let those watching know that they just witnessed something exceptional. I think that he will be able to take his celebrations to the next level in the NFL.

It all makes sense now. If he can do that, I wouldn't mind trading up to #1 for Rivers.

My summation of them:

Cromartie "DRC" - Most upside with least security of the starting. (not very good on tape)
Talib - Good upside and has lots of practice against good WR. Big enough for press cov.
Cason - Most pro-ready of the group probably. 4.48 40 time however.
Jenkins - If it' weren't for his 5' 10" size, would be #1 for sure. Physical enough for press cov?
Lee - Enough experience in college? Big enough for press cov, 4.4 40 is just good enough.
McKelvin - Has everything you want except... poor hands, doesn't make the INT.

The bottom line is that there is no "WOW" CB in the draft and therefore none really deserve to be picked at 10. DRC comes closest, but he is the biggest gamble of the top CBs in the draft. Cason is probably the most likely to start in the NFL in yr 1 (therefore termed "NFL ready"), but has questionable tangibles, so therefore limited upside.

I don't like McKelvin because he doesn't make the INT. That makes QBs comfortable to try the tough throws because they aren't as worried about him taking it back on them. Over a career that's going to cause issues with good QBs. They will be able to make good plays to good WRs who fight for the ball.

Antoine Cason has been one of the most procuctive CB's in the NCAA for the past few years. And I believe in a few years when we look back on this class he will stand out as the top DB taken in this draft.

From what I have seen, DRC is a better returner and catcher than McKelvin. If someone could really be taught to catch, why are Henderson and Co. still leading the league in drops?

McKelvin had something like 7 kick return TDs, I'm pretty sure he is the better returner.

And it's not like he has brick hands, he can still catch, just not as well as DRC

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom