Who is the definate #1 CB in the Draft? (1 Viewer)

Its got to be DRC without a doubt. I mean, even though he played at a scrub school against scrub competition he ran 40 yards in like 4.3 seconds without pads on, so he must be worth the 10th pick.

Its got to be DRC without a doubt. I mean, even though he played at a scrub school against scrub competition he ran 40 yards in like 4.3 seconds without pads on, so he must be worth the 10th pick.

dont forget 6'2 + 4.3 = omg elite

i agree with you about cason. and i have a sad feeling that payton will go offense in the first round. but we already have a great offense. we can stand to take another year with no secondary. i think vilma and morgan will do great. its gotta be leodis. he seems the most pro-ready corner in the draft. if not, draft rivers

whatever

dont forget 6'2 + 4.3 = omg elite
people without combine numbers have excelled forever. this guy hasnt done a thing. we need a defense that can shut down people NOW. not in three years. either leodis or rivers.

i agree with you about cason. and i have a sad feeling that payton will go offense in the first round. but we already have a great offense. we can stand to take another year with no secondary. i think vilma and morgan will do great. its gotta be leodis. he seems the most pro-ready corner in the draft. if not, draft rivers

he cant catch and he has let up 34 of 70 passes, thats a 48 % completion rate, compared to antoine cason who has let up 22 of 72 which is a 32 % completion rate
how is leodis the most pro-ready

I don't know about that. Did they play the same QBs with the same WRs? The same DL pass rush or the same safety help? Its just hard to go off stats when the variables weren't the same and there are WAY too many variables.

CB? I wish everyone would tell me why in the hell they want Keith Rivers? It blows my mind.

He excels in celebrations. Anytime he makes a tackle, sheds a block or defends a pass he takes a few extra moments to let those watching know that they just witnessed something exceptional. I think that he will be able to take his celebrations to the next level in the NFL.

DRC looks alot like Alex Molden, Brett Favre's twist-- something Molden could not do--turn and find the ball on a deep route stride for stride.

It's kind of close, but I'd go with Leodis Mckelvin. He seems to always be in the right place at the right time. Plus, he's a dangerous return man. DRC looked like a 2nd 3rd rounder before he blew everyone away with his "workout numbers".

We are lucky that the draft is deep with corners. We can move down and still get a good player. I saw Cason and was impressed. DRC measurables can not be overlooked. I would love to have a tall corner that can run; alot of the recievers now days are very tall. Do not discount, the LSU corners in the later rounds they may be good players in the NFL. In recent years LSU has produced some good corners for the pros that were not top prospects going into the draft.

I think its pretty much impossible to answer that question... everyone has their oown opinion of who is the best CB, but it can't be answered.

Different CBs excel in different schemes. A better question could have been...

Who is the best man-to-man CB?
Who is the best press man CB?
Who is the best zone (Cov-2) CB?
Who is the most physical CB (run support)?

And even these are opinionated.

I guess the best CB is the guy you like the most. :shrug:

In my case.. I rank them:

Jenkins
DRC
McElvin
Talib
Cason
Flowers

But I want us to draft DRC...

In most of the latest mocks Leonidas McLovin is the first CB taken-usually by the Pats. I have not watched much video of any of the CB's but look at the mocks. It looks like DRC will be there when we pick. It remains to be seen what the coaching staff will do. So far they have been scary judges of DB talent-but not in a good way. They inherited McKenzie. Jury is still out on Usama. Harper is solid but not spectacular. No need to mention the others. We are due to get something right statistically anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom