Who is the future of the Saints after Drew? (1 Viewer)

Who is the future of the Saints quarterback position?

• Taysom Hill

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Jameis Winston

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Drew Brees will never retire

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • The field

Votes: 32 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hill is the one with a deal past this year, so I wonder what that means.

I think it will be clear what the future plans are when Winstons contract terms come out.

"Sources told Yahoo Sports that Winston’s 2020 salary will be very economical, fitting inside the Saints’ already tight salary cap for next season," Robinson wrote.

Sam Ehlinger

Absolutely not. He is not an NFL QB.

To the thread, here's my best guess:

20% chance it's Drew for two more years
25% chance it's Hill (for about 6 games)
20% chance it's Winston
35% chance it's someone else not on the roster

I'm assuming by "the future" you mean more than a year or two.

I went with the field.

I see Jameis as a failed starter. Talented and could improve but has to prove it.

I think Taysom will get a shot to start in 2021. I hope he is competing for the job but wouldn't mind seeing him win it. I still see it as a 1-year experiment and bad or good you should be looking for another QB.

To be honest, our best option is a Jameis Winston with perfect eyesight that throws 55% less interceptions. If we can get that...

well there are teams that need QB more than we do. He wasn’t even getting a sniff or a promise for open competition at starter so my guess is nobody is betting on that.

i have a feeling Tampa will probably need a QB after this year. Maybe they can try him out lol

well there are teams that need QB more than we do. He wasn’t even getting a sniff or a promise for open competition at starter so my guess is nobody is betting on that.

i have a feeling Tampa will probably need a QB after this year. Maybe they can try him out lol

That's actually not accurate since the reports indicate that he actually turned down better deals to come to us.

That's actually not accurate since the reports indicate that he actually turned down better deals to come to us.

my understanding was that the better deal (one from what I read) was money. If there was a starting job he would have taken it. As a backup this is his best spot. Maybe not as far as money but as far as learning.

if Winston turned down a starting job to be our backup that would be a headline indeed. I’m sure we would hear all about it.

Go, Jameis, go!

Hilarious you people are. Hating this guy for 5 years running and now thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread.

If actually like to see a credible report (e.g. Glazer, Rapsheet, Schefter) before coming close to believing this rumor.

It appears that Hill is "Plan A" for 2021. Maybe he will be good. If he stinks in that role, his contract will expire and we'll have a good draft pick in 2022.

The sign of a great poll is having a nice mixed response. And it appears this thing is split 3 ways.

Well done, Caliente.

It's gonna be A-rod. Or D-Watson.

Hill will be a bridge/transition/band-aid for a year. That's why Saints only him offered a 2 year contract--Right around the time both Watson and Rodgers are gonna be FA or won't be able to be franchised again.

Hell, it was almost Brady this year had Drew retired according to the rumors.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom