Who is the mystery candidate? (1 Viewer)

whodat47

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Purely speculating here, but I think Parcells could be the "mystery candidate." Payton knows announcing that Parcells is interviewing would bring an unwanted media circus, so he just leaves the candidate unknown. Parcells has 3-4 credentials, and we all know his relationship with Payton.

Personally, I want Ryan, because I think he brings back a swagger to the defense that we need. What are y'all's ideas on the "mystery candidate?"

Highly doubtful. If we wouldn't take an interim head coach job for a bunch of money, I doubt he'd want to do this.

But hey, dreams are cool.

Come on dude. Parcells isn't going to be anybody's defensive coordinator. Payton included. :jpshakehead:

Was a fan of Parcells, but I don't think we need him tooling around in his golf cart.

Listen, you don't need to have a bigger then life personality to be agressive, to have swagger.

Just think about Jim Johnson, Dick LeBeau, Steve Sidwell, Marvin Lewis. All of them have written the book of agressive defense, and none of them had raving personalities. They kept calm in the store (a great asset to have) and kept the pedal to the metal.

That is the kind of guy I want.

Purely speculating here, but I think Parcells could be the "mystery candidate." Payton knows announcing that Parcells is interviewing would bring an unwanted media circus, so he just leaves the candidate unknown. Parcells has 3-4 credentials, and we all know his relationship with Payton.

Personally, I want Ryan, because I think he brings back a swagger to the defense that we need. What are y'all's ideas on the "mystery candidate?"
I think it's Sean Astin in character as Rudy Ruettiger. Guess we'll see.

IMO if Parcells was even slightly interested I don't think Sean would bother with an interview as they are very tight.

From all the things I've heard I'm hoping Grantham does not get the job as I haven't heard anything really good about his defenses and his antics in Cleveland seem to make his character seem flawed.

I'm still not sold on Ryan either. He could be a great D.C. but it seems like he over thinks to much when he gets in a bind and his defense goes down hill from there.

I know S.F. denied Donatell from interviewing but no word was specifically put out about them denying the D-Line coach Tomsula (who I'm really wishing we'd hire).

Hopfully the mystery guy is someone on the Ravens D

This is the exact reason why I never post.... I don't want Parcells. I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were about who we were gonna hire. Guess that's too much to ask.

What mystery candidate? I've heard nothing about that.

Sean said Wed. that interviews with Grantham and Ryan for set for Thurs/Fri. and he has asked permission to speak to a 3rd potential candidate from another team and was expecting to hear if permission was granted in the next few days. That is the "mystery" candidate that everyone is referring to.

This is the exact reason why I never post.... I don't want Parcells. I just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts were about who we were gonna hire. Guess that's too much to ask.

The juvenile sophmoric behavior on this forum sometimes takes me back to high school. I empathize

th

Kirby Smart

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom