Who is the one player you want to "target" at 10? (1 Viewer)

TechDawg09

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just any player, the one you think will be the best available at 10 that would improve our team the most. I would love for Dorsey or Elllis to be there, but I'm thinking they won't, so I would like to get Rivers from USC to complete our LB corps (Fujita, Vilma, Morgan until he gets hurt then Rivers comes in). I would also be happy with a corner, but I don't know which one to pick in the top 10, Jenkins seems like the frontrunner, but he went to USF and I just don't trust that fact. Corners are so hard to evaluate without seeing them play in person. So linebacker from USC it is for me, I wish Mauluga would have come out while we have a high pick though.

I think there will be better LBs than Rivers at pick 32 next yer.
I would like to target Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB he would be a great pick in my opinion.

1) Ellis (likely not available, Dorsey will go even higher)
2) DRC
3) Rivers
4) Trade down

McKelvin isn't a horrible pick @ #10, either.

Just any player, the one you think will be the best available at 10 that would improve our team the most. I would love for Dorsey or Elllis to be there, but I'm thinking they won't, so I would like to get Rivers from USC to complete our LB corps (Fujita, Vilma, Morgan until he gets hurt then Rivers comes in). I would also be happy with a corner, but I don't know which one to pick in the top 10, Jenkins seems like the frontrunner, but he went to USF and I just don't trust that fact. Corners are so hard to evaluate without seeing them play in person. So linebacker from USC it is for me, I wish Mauluga would have come out while we have a high pick though.

Actually I just want to see nothing but defence drafted. I like Dorsey, Ellis, Rivers, or Jenkins. The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing us draft offence on is a running back in case Duece goes down, and not in the first two! We need to draft defence and leave no rocks unturned on free agents. Defence is the main thing to focus on to get to the BIG DANCE. We need DT,LB's,FS, and a CB. Not saying we can solve all our problems at once but...I think if we make the middle more solid with a pass rush it will help out our Saints go to a new level. Of course this is JMO!

DRC/one of the top 2 dts
if the dts aren't there then drc would be the best pick imo. he has nowhere to go but up, and he has tremendous athletic abilities

If we are unable to move up and snag one of the big tackles, I expect us to trade down rather than taking Rivers. I don't think that we take a linebacker with our #1 considering the recent acquisitions to the lb corp.

Again, if we cannot trade up to snag Ellis (Dorsey should be long gone), we trade down and land the top corner on the Saints board. I also expect us to target the tackle out of Notre Dame (Laws). He could be a steal to play the 3 tech spot. After we land our corner and tackle, look for us to use the 3rd pick to snag an outside backer to compete at the WILL spot.

In order?

1. Glenn Dorsey
2. Sedrick Ellis
3. DRC
4. Leodis McKelvin
5. Mike Jenkins
6. Kentwan Balmer

If none of these were available, I would trade down.

The best option is to take the best player available no matter what position. Then with your later picks you take the "need" position players. I know it sounds like a cop out but it makes since to get the guys who may make an immediate impact rather than a player who simply fills a spot and will be overpaid to do so.

With the #10 pick and needing to target a specific player based on the Saints' need, my sheet would be in this order:

1) Dorsey
2) Ellis
3) Chris Long
4) Gholston
5) DRC
6) McKelvin
7) Jake Long
8) Stewart
9) Mendenhall
10) Rivers

I'd pick the best one still left on the board at #10.

1) Dorsey
2) Ellis
3) Gholston
4) Chris Long
5) Jake Long
6) Stewart
7) Rivers
8) Mendenhall
9) McKlevin
10) Jenkins

Left the quarterbacks out

In order

- Glenn Dorsey
- Chris Long
- Vernon Gholston
- Sedrick Ellis
- Jake Long
- Dominque Rogers-Cromartie
- Rashard Mendenhall

I say we trade down for a lower 1st and a 2nd or 3rd, and target our need positions that won't be a reach at those lower spots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom