Who is tradable on our defense? (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
We have cap issues, and we are making a change in scheme. Sure we have some young players that could fit into the 3-4, but we also have others who either dont fit, might not want to fit, or who has just under performed.

Who is tradable? Pretty much anything we can get would help.

I think we could possibly trade Harper. The Redskins, Lions, Broncos, Jets, Dolphins, and many other need safety help. Bunkley maybe? I think he could work in our 3-4 but it depends on how whoever is coaching to defense wants to build it. Hawthrone I would like to see but he has played strictly in a 4-3 his entire career, same for Chamberlain and Lofton, although I do think Lofton can handle the ILB spot. If London Fletcher can, he can.

I think everything has to be on the table making that switch. We've seen what happens when you try to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Who is tradable?

Jenkins could be had for a third
Jordan could attract a first
Hicks may be had for a low second
Robinson for a second maybe

Who is tradable?

I will say no to all of the that.

All are overvalued. I dont think anyone has any serious trade value to stand alone. Maybe part of some package, a la Reggie Bush kind of trade, where more or less you are just unloading.

In the current NFL trades are a rare thing, specially for players who are playing under their second contract.

Of the players you are mentioning, Harper, Bunkley, Hawthorne, Chamberlain, Lofton, I sincerely think that there is no market for them, because of their contracts.

I think that it is easier for them to be released as soon as possible, then to trade them.

In the current NFL trades are a rare thing, specially for players who are playing under their second contract.

Of the players you are mentioning, Harper, Bunkley, Hawthorne, Chamberlain, Lofton, I sincerely think that there is no market for them, because of their contracts.

I think that it is easier for them to be released as soon as possible, then to trade them.

You are probably right. Pretty sad that we dont have any tradable players on our defense, let along anyone that would demand a high pick.

You are probably right. Pretty sad that we dont have any tradable players on our defense, let along anyone that would demand a high pick.

Listen, it's not sad. It is the reality of the league. Only players like Revis will command a high pick on a trade (considering their salary) and the Jets would be really stupid to trade him.

The reality is that on the current cap situation, it is easier for teams to gamble with draft picks, considering that the young players will command a much lower salary then the current NFL stars.

Who is tradable?

There is no way I would trade Cam Jordan or Akiem Hicks. Roman Harper would be the most likely one to go; and, switching to a 3-4 where there is an extra LB on the field vs a 4-3, Harper jumps out at me right away.

I wonder if Roman can play ILB? :scratch:

No, he's too small and would get swallowed up. Vilma's bigger and has played MLB his whole career and didn't do well in the 3-4 ILB spot in N.Y., so I have no faith Harper could. He would make a good rushing OLB on passing downs though since that's what he excelled at in GW's scheme.

No, he's too small and would get swallowed up. Vilma's bigger and has played MLB his whole career and didn't do well in the 3-4 ILB spot in N.Y., so I have no faith Harper could. He would make a good rushing OLB on passing downs though since that's what he excelled at in GW's scheme.

They are actually quite similar in size and Harper can use his speed more. And Sam Mills proved without a doubt it is not about size. Not saying Harper is perfect fit, just wondering if he could transition. Not unheard of for safeties to move to Linebacker.

I dont think he is someone that will necessary get cut. His cap value and real dollar value are close enough that he may merit being held on to.

Younger guys on their rookie contracts are tradable.

Most of the guys we have resigned, or brought in via FA are to over priced to hold any value.

Cam Jordan would hold value but he is going be our cornerstone.

Tez probably holds some late round value 5th or 6th rounder maybe, but he is more valuable to us moving to the 34 than that

Patrick Robinson would hold some value in a team running a man cover scheme maybe a 4th or 5th rounder, we need to see who we bring in first to see what they rely on.

Gallette I think would get a 5th rounder, but same as tez, more value to us than we could get. We just need to find a position for him and let him go after the QB.

Guys like Johnny Patrick, Mack, White have no value whatsoever.

Problem is we are not gonna trade any of these guys. The ones we want to trade, Will Smith? no way with that contract. Roman Harper, no way with that contract, Malcom Jenkins has one year left and has not played well at Corner or Safety, no one is gonna give up anything for him, its a wash to cut him. Vilma is not tradable with his contract, Hawthorne holds little value around the league, could have been had last year in FA when we picked him up on the cheap.

Only person who may be tradable is Patrick Robinson if we deem him expendable (like he was last year in spags zone system) when the new coordinator comes in.

The other young guys we need to keep, and we will Gallette, Tez, Hicks, Jordan. The older guys are getting paid to much to be of any value to anyone, including us.

Younger guys on their rookie contracts are tradable.

Most of the guys we have resigned, or brought in via FA are to over priced to hold any value.

Cam Jordan would hold value but he is going be our cornerstone.
Tez probably holds some late round value 5th or 6th rounder maybe, but he is more valuable to us moving to the 34 than that
Patrick Robinson would hold some value in a team running a man cover scheme maybe a 4th rounder, we need to see who we bring in first to see what they rely on.
Gallette I think would get a 5th rounder
Guys like Johnny Patrick, Mack, White have no value whatsoever.

Problem is we are not gonna trade any of these guys. The ones we want to trade, Will Smith? no way with that contract. Roman Harper, no way with that contract, Malcom Jenkins has one year left and has not played well at Corner or Safety, no one is gonna give up anything for him, its a wash to cut him. Vilma is not tradable with his contract, Hawthorne holds little value around the league, could have been had last year in FA when we picked him up on the cheap.

Only person who may be tradable is Patrick Robinson if we deem him expendable (like he was last year in spags zone system) when the new coordinator comes in.

The other young guys we need to keep, and we will Gallette, Tez, Hicks, Jordan. The older guys are getting paid to much to be of any value to anyone, including us.

Yeah, I guess when you look at it like that, no one is tradable.

If we switch to 3-4 defense, Harper could be utilized as blitzing OLB. He showed in GW system that he is capable of blitzing and get to QB.

He is not the only option though since Saints already have two speedy OLB in Casillas and M. Wilson.

I am wondering if Harper might end up a LB. He played the up position well as a SS. He is more suited to stopping the run than coverage. Okay, that's not saying much, but he is considerably better at that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom