Who is you draft sleepers. (1 Viewer)

willbill

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
By sleepers I mean players that won't be drafted in the first half of the 1st round but will play like they should have..

My pick is Beau Bell LB UNLV. Size and speed are awesome only draw back is he is to aggresive at time and will make a misread at times. Will start as a rookie and play like a player that should have been drafted much higher. I think he is a later part of the 2nd or early 3rd rounder.

Wesly Woodyard should also play well if he can adjust to Safety. I don't think he will make an imediate impact but I see Sammy Knight with speed when I look at him. A small linebacker that if his instincts and football smarts are there he should do well.

I really like Manningham/Doucet, i think they would be absolute steals in later rounds. I don't see how you can go wrong taking a chance at one of these two in the third or any round later than that. And with the talk of their draft stock dropping b/c of Early's combine and Manningham admitting to using marijuana they could be worth taking a chance on.

I really like Erik Foster

Rutgers fan here...

I really hope Foster gets drafted, or at least get signed by someone if he doesn't. Kid has character, HEART, and talent to play well in this league.

Rutgers got some good prospects this year as well...with Rice at RB, Zuttah at C and a versatile Pedro Sosa at G.

Keenan Burton. Will end up being one of the better WR's in this draft. Jalen Parmele, I think he could be an every down back in the NFL. Brian Johnston can be a force at a half dozen positions in the NFL in either in a 4-3 or 3-4 defense. Brandon Lee, DII cornerback that has a rare combination of size and speed. I haven't watched him play a single down but from everything I have read he could be a player to watch.

"b/c of.../and Manningham admitting to using marijuana they could be worth taking a chance on."

Hard to argue with that.

ddd

I have lots but my favourites are WR Chaz Schilens of SDSU (6-4, 4.3, 43 inch vertical), Bruce Hocker of Duquesne (Great in redzone and looks amazing on film. Times slow a la Colston but plays fast and is 6-4 too. Great jump and body control), and Brian Witherspoon, CB/KR, of Stillman (Timed at 4.21, great hands, and outstanding returner. That kind of speed is an asset wherever you put him. Likely going undrafted but he is a great developemental guy who will never get burnt.)

On defense, I like SS Jaime Silva from Boston College. He is in a very similar situation as Ali Highsmith, smaller and slower than what you would prefer, but a good player. I like also Jordan Dizon, linebacker from Colorado, also small but can be a good player.

On offense, I am curious about Chauncey Washington, RB from USC, and C/G Fernando Velasco from Georgia.

One that is not my sleeper (but I put in the discussion) is WR Darius Reynaud from West Virginia. Mike Detillier thinks he can be our solution for the return game. They guy is small, fast but seems to be also tough as nails.

Oh yea I also like Tyrell Johnson Safety Arkansas State. He is fundamentally sound and has good measurables. The only knock against him is a small school player.

Yes i'm a huge LSU Homer but i think Jacob Hester will go on to be a very good RB in the NFL. While he doesn't have blazing speed i think he plays faster than he practices. Plus he has the heart to do whatever it takes to play better than his competition. He may not be able to bowl over NFL players like he did in college, but if given a chance he will show his coach he is a solid NFL caliber RB.

Ray Rice, Curtis Lofton, Matt Forte. I have a feeling they will make some teams wish they had not passed over them in the first round.

Yeah forgot about Washington from USC. I really like him.
His main issues were academics, injuries, and timed speed.
He sorted out his grades, has the all clear from the doctors, and ran a 4.35 at the USC pro day.

Corey Lynch from App. State reminds me so much of Gleason. Safety who has won his team games with his ST work.
If you were watching the last few seconds of the App St-Michigan game you'll know exactly who he is. He is also a top cover safety and could end up our starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom