Who is your favorite James Bond.. (1 Viewer)

Who is your favorite James Bond

• Sean Connery

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • George Lazenby

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Roger Moore

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Timothy Dalton

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Pierce Bronson

Votes: 6 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DEUCERICKBOY02

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Just curious since the new Bond movie comes out this Friday. I really liked Timothy Dalton but Sean Connery is the best.

Last edited:
Whoever the new guy is I dont like him. I voted for Sean Connery.

Whoever the new guy is I dont like him. I voted for Sean Connery.

Iam willing to give Daniel Craig a chance. Early critics are giving the movie rave reviews and are saying Craig did a good job as Bond. They are saying it is the best bond since Goldeneye and that makes me happy since i did not like the last few after goldeneye. Martin Campbell is returning to make this move the same guy who directed goldeneye. And even if you dont like Craig it could still make for a good bond movie being that this is Ian Flemmings orginal Bond story that he wrote. Also even though Lazenby is the worse bond so far On her Majesty Secret Service is still one of my favorite bond movies it is all about the story and Casio Royale will be a good one.

The new Bond does look good. The last few have been over styled and over special FXed. This seems to be a rougher Bond which I like.

Sean Connory IS Bond, as far as I'm concerned, so I threw a vote Timothy Dalton's way. He should have lasted longer as Bond, IMO. So much better than pretty boy, wimpy Roger Moore. Brosnan wasn't bad, but too bland for my taste. Both Dalton and Connory had that "larger than life" way of presenting the Bond character.

Roger Moore all the way. Of course I grew up during the time when he was Bond.

For some reason I can't stomach to watch the 007 movies that he wasn't in...so :dunno:

Sean Connery.... he's such a hard act to follow it's not even worth trying. I'll give the new guy a chance but I just dont see it happening.

The other question is in todays movie making environment, (and expectations) is, does 007 have a future? I mean the whole James Bond thing was based upon the character of Bond, in intriguing storylines. Todays movies focus more on things going bang. I mean if that is where the Bond movies are going to go I dont think I'll even bother.

>>Roger Moore all the way.

I agree. The movies and the cinematography were better than the Connery ones IMHO. The later ones are just so unbelievable. It's like inspector gadget on steroids or something. :shrug:

TPS

The new Bond does look good. The last few have been over styled and over special FXed. This seems to be a rougher Bond which I like.

I have to agree with this. I liked Pierce. He brought the style and mannerisms that I think Bond should have but he didn't get into fights too much and relied a little too much on gadgets to get him out of a jam. From what i have seen on the trailers this new Bond will actually kick someone's behind and not shoot a laser guided missile from his belt buckle. I'll give him a chance at being Bond.

Even though I think Connery is the better bond I still believe Dalton was Ian Flemming's Bond depicted in his books. Even though I voted for Connery if I would have had two choices I would have also voted for dalton in a heart beat. I though Pierce was a rip off of connery while Dalton made Bond his own. Moore Imo was just to goofy for the role.

Timothy Dalton's chin dimple = greatest Bond ever.
He could fit a pistol in that thing.

Even though I think Connery is the better bond I still believe Dalton was Ian Flemming's Bond depicted in his books. Even though I voted for Connery if I would have had two choices I would have also voted for dalton in a heart beat. I though Pierce was a rip off of connery while Dalton made Bond his own. Moore Imo was just to goofy for the role.

Couldn't have said it better. :tup2:

And I always say that Timothy Dalton was the Bond that was easiest on the eyes! Bond had to have sex appeal or he wasn't Bond...Connory had it, and Dalton DEFINITELY had it....:1luvu: Brosnan didn't do anything for me, and Moore's Bond was just so superficial.

Good comment about Dalton making Bond "his own". I liked the edge he gave to the character....made him a little more dangerous. I'm still perplexed as to why he didn't last longer as Bond.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom