Who is your favorite underrated/unsung Saints player of all time? (1 Viewer)

A lot of the ones mentioned were definitely valued by us Saints fans, although not nationally praised. One guy I loved during his time here was Chris Ivory. That dude was a violent runner, and I thought brought a spark every time he got the ball. I'd love for us to find another bruising back like him to change things up a bit at times.

Tommy Myers. Was small even by the standards way back when, but what a player! Gave it everything he had on every play. Rumor has it he broke down in tears when he learned he had finally been voted to the Pro Bowl. Holds a few Saints team records

Also, Pierre Thomas. As someone mentioned, very underrated outside the WhoDatNation.
You beat me to it. Tommy was not only one of the best players but at his size he packed a strong punch. Growing up kids always try to play like their favorite players. Tommy was the one for me. I got to meet him and Hap Glaudi once is Slidell. I don’t know about Tommy breaking down in tears but as a young kid I almost did.

Anthony Hargrove.

Just loved the way he battled through adversity to become a Superbowl winner.

Not to sheet on your choice but I mainly remember him as being second all time on the Saints in dumb, costly late hits which drew penalty flags. Roman Harper being a very comfortable #1 in that department.

Dirt Winston, especially his pick 6 on MNF vs the Steelers....way back in the early 80’s.

I originally thought of as perfect for the "underrated"; Mike Karney. It appears all the rest of our greatest Fullbacks have been mentioned except Tony Galbreath, he was awesome but most knew it at the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom