Who is your favorite underrated/unsung Saints player of all time? (1 Viewer)

I wore my Mike Karney jersey to the Saints/Giants game in The Meadowlands several years ago. Someone took a picture of it from the back and sent it to Karney, who tweeted "it's good to see they remember!" Or words to that effect :hihi:

Wayne Wilson, Jim Wilks, and Wayne Martin are three great underrated Saints. I would also add Frank Warren to the list

Wesley Walls. Really good te on some really bad teams.

Honorable mention - Mario Bates

Vaughan Johnson hit Roger Craig so hard that Craig asked a teammate "Who hit me?" Upon hearing it was Vaughan Johnson, Craig replied "Don't ever let him hit me again"

I think this is the hit at :50

we had season tickets as a family back then and I swear you could actually hear the difference between a Johnson hit and everyone else. Sounded like you were slapping a brick wall with a pizza peel.

we had season tickets as a family back then and I swear you could actually hear the difference between a Johnson hit and everyone else. Sounded like you were slapping a brick wall with a pizza peel.

Yeah and how many fines would he accrue now in today's NFL? I miss the football from the 80's and 90's.

I was going to list Hokie as well. He was my favorite player back in the day. He was VERY good!

My first Saints game as a kid was the Saints again the Jets...1983. I remember Hokie broke of a long run...of course the Saints still lost but it was exciting.

Wayne Wilson, Jim Wilks, and Wayne Martin are three great underrated Saints. I would also add Frank Warren to the list

I still remember The Wilson T...(Dave Wilson, Wayne Wilson...and Tim Wilson?) Loved Jim Wilks, Martin, and Frank Warren. Which one of those guys did Ditka disrespect? Seemed like he didn't even invite them back to camp or something.

Yeah and how many fines would he accrue now in today's NFL? I miss the football from the 80's and 90's.

well most of those hits were at the line of scrimmage amidst a lot of chaos but still probably a lot. He is the player the first reminded me of Ram Man. :LOL:

Amazon.com: He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics RAM MAN ...

I still remember The Wilson T...(Dave Wilson, Wayne Wilson...and Tim Wilson?) Loved Jim Wilks, Martin, and Frank Warren. Which one of those guys did Ditka disrespect? Seemed like he didn't even invite them back to camp or something.

Pretty sure it was Wayne Martin that Ditka disrespected.

Mine is Dalton Hilliard mainly cause he’s from Patterson and I grew up close to there. Plus he went to LSU, I got his autograph as a kid, and I met him again when I had all access passes to the Carolina home game during are Super Bowl year. Met Rickey Jackson that same game. That was the best experience of my entire life. My pic is from that game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom