Who Killed the VG Board? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
St. Widge

St. Widge

Besmirching You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Jesus, two of the top 8 threads on this board right now are a post about having a collection of old Saints' broadcasts saved and one about an NFL card game. I blame whodatfever.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Jesus, two of the top 8 threads on this board right now are a post about having a collection of old Saints' broadcasts saved and one about an NFL card game. I blame whodatfever.
I blame Mongoose.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I could post about Nascar Heat 4 but y'all would just laugh and point at me.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is it good? The F1 games are too much for me.
Welp, I don’t know if it’s for everybody, I think it’s a niche thing. I like it and it seems to be getting a lot of positive chatter but I don’t know how much appeal it has beyond stock car racing fans. I think you can dumb down the settings and have a good time, especially with career mode. But I think what they have made it for, like the whole series, is in the custom/expert modes. It’s definitely much closer to a sim than arcade racing - the IRacing streaming (CPU) platform has been really successful but it’s intense and requires heavy hardware investment. So the NH series is trying to provide real racing fans a console experience that feels like a sim. NH3 was pretty good and this one seems mainly a package of some nice enhancements in the graphics, sound, physics, features.

I haven’t tried the multiplayer yet but NH3 was decent on that and I’m sure this is improved. But the career and quick race
modes were fun on NH3 and are even better in 4. It’s hard, and seems realistic - career mode is especially cool. I like that there’s a market for it and they continue to develop the series.

But I’m not sure it would be appealing as a racing game if the player isn’t also a nascar fan. All of those features and assets could
easily be too much - I too probably don’t have the patience for an F1 version.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Destiny 2 sorta killed it.. especially when it sucked. Then Bioware (or should I blame EA?) really killed it with how shirtty Anthem was. Could have been so great.

Was RDR2 Online any good? I started playing it, but stopped pretty early.

I've just been playing Dragon Quest XI for the last couple months (over 80 hours in, and now just in end game stuff)

Brennan77

Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I've been playing links Awakening and now I'm playing link to the past, which I never played as a kid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom