Who makes the BEST King Cake?? (1 Viewer)

On another note, Buzd, have you tired that Domenica one yet? I'm dying to know if it is good.

Sorry, i saw this and meant to answer it yesterday. Yeah, we had one Monday.

It's as amazing as it looks. Baked perfectly with just the right amount of cinnamon. The fresh bananas are SO much better than the filling usually found in king cakes. And while the praline icing is delicious, it's a bit overly sweet, and the marscapone cheese offsets that perfectly. A few pecans make it perfect, and the gold leaf, while not adding anything to the flavor, completes the exercise in excess. It is absolutely as good as it looks, and at $35, it's really a steal. The site says it serves 12-14, and we probably served 15 people with about a quarter of the cake still left.

You need to get one of these cakes.

there is a bakery here in Norfolk,Va called NAAS that make a dang good king cake

Do those travel well? I had a Randazzo's shipped in 2009 and it was still moist. I have doubts about a doughnut type lasting long.

Yes, it traveled well to me. It'll definitely go stale faster than a Haydel's.

Thanks to whoever suggested them, it's definitely different and good. I'm not sure it was quite worth over 50 to get it to me, but what the heck, it was good.

Is sucre any good?
How about new orleans cake cafe and bakery?

Glad this thread popped up.

My aunt makes a good cararmel cake but it takes her almost a whole day to make the stupid thing. I've tried buying some locally but haven't found one worth the money yet.

Does anyone know where I can buy a great caramel cake??

Also, does anyone make a caramel king cake? Just the thought of it makes me mad I'm not eating one.

Does anyone know where I can buy a great caramel cake??

I noticed today that Capdeville has a salted caramel cheesecake and Debbie Does Doberge makes a salted caramel cake as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom