Who makes the BEST King Cake?? (1 Viewer)

Wow! You guys came thru as expected...

Thanks for all the input. Now I have to figure out which one to choose!:9:
Who Dat!

I hope these are just internet-based prices to make extra money. Please don't tell me residents are actually paying 40 bucks a pop to have king cake. Don't get me wrong, I love me some king cake....but $40 is insane.

If you're really in Florida, go to Publix. Their KCs are fresh, good, and amazingly priced ($9 for a large cheese-filled, $8 for cinnamon).

I've already bought several this season in ATL. They're not quite on par with homegrown, but definitely great value.

Traditionally speaking my personal favorite is Haydels. But everyone has their own King Cake tastes. Some like McKenzie's which i think tastes like french bread with Sugar on top.

You say that like they're still available. They're not right? I live in Baton Rouge so I may have missed any relevant news concerning their recipes being sold (etc.) Although it may not be that anyone could duplicate them properly.

I really miss their Halloween cookies.

Tastee Donuts bought the McKenzie recipes.

==
As for Publix - haven't seen any king cakes in Northern Alabama yet.

My niece is supposed to bring king cakes up for us from Nonna Randazzo's. Hope they are good.

You say that like they're still available. They're not right? I live in Baton Rouge so I may have missed any relevant news concerning their recipes being sold (etc.) Although it may not be that anyone could duplicate them properly.

I really miss their Halloween cookies.

A few years ago Tastee Donuts bought all the McKenzie's recipies. They make the King Cakes and still even call them McKenzie's Kingcakes. Same with the Jelly Rolls and a few other things.

My vote goes for McKenzies. The best.

If you're really in Florida, go to Publix. Their KCs are fresh, good, and amazingly priced ($9 for a large cheese-filled, $8 for cinnamon).

I've already bought several this season in ATL. They're not quite on par with homegrown, but definitely great value.

I agree. I order mine from Publix as well. It's fresh and tastes great, not to mention I only pay $7.99 for a large filled cake.

I ordered the Rouse's Who Dat

35.jpg

http://shop.rouses.com/p-35-who-dat-king-cake.aspx

Getting it on Friday

Paul's pastry in Picayune makes a good KC http://paulspastry.com/

If you like the French style king cake there's a place in Slidell that is the best, F.O.M. Bakery. The best I've had.

FOM Bakery & Catering
791 Robert Boulevard, Slidell, LA 70458-1637
<NOBR>(985) 781-4066</NOBR>&#8206;

I think it mostly depends on what style you like the best and if you like em filled or not. I really liked Breaux Mart's king cakes, and Randazzo's are great too. Of course, people are even picky about which Randazzo's you go to.

I don't think you can go wrong with Kingcake so long as it's not stale.

I think it mostly depends on what style you like the best and if you like em filled or not. I really liked Breaux Mart's king cakes, and Randazzo's are great too. Of course, people are even picky about which Randazzo's you go to.

I don't think you can go wrong with Kingcake so long as it's not stale.

Good point. There are different Randazzo's out there...something to do with a family split or divorce of something.

Manny Randazzo's is the original one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom