Who makes the BEST King Cake?? (1 Viewer)

BigFish_NJ

a Who Dat from NJ!!!
Reaction score
I'm throwing a Black & Gold Superbowl Party and planning on having one shipped up here.

I have never had one before so I will be looking for an "original". So, all my fellow local Who Dats need to direct me to the best one to try.

I'm hearing a lot about Randazzo's... Haydel's... ??

Let me know folks! Thanks in advance...

You're going to get several different answers but I like Randazzos.

We just had a Gambino's delivered to the house. Delicious! Haydel's and Randazzo's also great.

Antoine's on Stumpf Blvd in Gretna. The best!

Traditionally speaking my personal favorite is Haydels. But everyone has their own King Cake tastes. Some like McKenzie's which i think tastes like french bread with Sugar on top. My wife is from lafayette and thinks New Orleans king cakes taste like stale cinnamon buns and swears by Meche's king cakes.

Meche's king cakes by the way are off the hook and may be the best sweet thing ever, but it isnt a traditional king cake.

My recommendation is look at the different ones on the websites and choose the one that looks the best to you.

Personally, i like Haydels much better than Randazzo's...but that is just me.

Obviously Haydel's, Randazzo's, and Gambino's are all very good; but for an inexpensive yet tasty King cake I like Rouse's (not dry and plenty off filling).

Wow. These things are 40-50 bakes for the cake. Are they crazy?

I hope these are just internet-based prices to make extra money. Please don't tell me residents are actually paying 40 bucks a pop to have king cake. Don't get me wrong, I love me some king cake....but $40 is insane.

Wow. These things are 40-50 bakes for the cake. Are they crazy?

I hope these are just internet-based prices to make extra money. Please don't tell me residents are actually paying 40 bucks a pop to have king cake. Don't get me wrong, I love me some king cake....but $40 is insane.

That's the price for a shipped cake usually

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom