Who makes the BEST King Cake?? (1 Viewer)

Well, Haydel's is including some coffee and jambalaya mix with their cakes ordered online making the deal a little more reasonable.

Not sure why Besh feels this qualifies as "King Cake."

King Cake

king_cake.png

Why the hell are king cakes so expensive?

I'm tired of paying $15-20 for a big cinnamon roll.

And although cheap, I can't do rouses because the fake cinnamon they use ruins it for me.

I'm curious how these places make their King Cake frosting. It is way too thick for it to just be 2tsp of milk and 2 cups of powdered sugar. I can never get my frosting as thick as other places.

I'm finally going to try Bakers Dozen tomorrow. Is it a legit king cake or a big doughnut like Meches?

Well, Haydel's is including some coffee and jambalaya mix with their cakes ordered online making the deal a little more reasonable.

King Cake

king_cake.png

That thing is amazing. I don't care what you call it.

King Cake

king_cake.png

That king cake now costs 50 bucks. Wow.

King Cake

Now, if any of you buy one and bring it to some place where I happen to be, I would be happy. But I ain't paying $50 for a king cake.

I'm eating a McKenzies king cake from tastee donuts right now and its awesome!!!! Tastes just like the old cakes.. super soft, light and yummy.

Dong Phuong! Every year, still the best.

One of my guys was telling me about this yesterday. Definitely going to try it this year as I think he is going to bring one in.

Just had Baker's Dozen, and yes, it's a large doughnut. Considering they have the best doughnuts, its was good, but I can get doughnuts all year round. It will probably be the last one I get from there. Going to try Chez Pierre next. I tried to get one a few times when they were in Kenner, but they never had them ready at 7am. Now that the new location is more convienient, I will attempt to get one again.

One of my guys was telling me about this yesterday. Definitely going to try it this year as I think he is going to bring one in.

Just had Baker's Dozen, and yes, it's a large doughnut. Considering they have the best doughnuts, its was good, but I can get doughnuts all year round. It will probably be the last one I get from there. Going to try Chez Pierre next. I tried to get one a few times when they were in Kenner, but they never had them ready at 7am. Now that the new location is more convienient, I will attempt to get one again.

I'm still yet to meet someone who doesn't love Dong Phuong's king cake. Let us know how you like it and which one it is. Also, where he gets it from. I get mine from that pizza place in West Lakeview. I don't make it out to the Village much.

That king cake now costs 50 bucks. Wow.

King Cake

Now, if any of you buy one and bring it to some place where I happen to be, I would be happy. But I ain't paying $50 for a king cake.

Easily worth it too, but it's not what you're expecting as king cake. It's dense like a soft freaking pretzel and weighs as much as a cinder block.

If you took the grocery store king cake and figured out how much it costs by the pound, the Domenica cake may seem like a bargain.

If you usually buy 2 large cakes, 1 Domenica cake will do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom