Who makes the BEST King Cake?? (1 Viewer)

I'm still yet to meet someone who doesn't love Dong Phuong's king cake. Let us know how you like it and which one it is. Also, where he gets it from. I get mine from that pizza place in West Lakeview. I don't make it out to the Village much.

Apparently it's much more widely available this year. There was a commercial last night listing many places on the east bank. Maybe CC's is carrying it this year?

Also, the king cakes at Cochon Butcher are pretty damn good.

Apparently it's much more widely available this year. There was a commercial last night listing many places on the east bank. Maybe CC's is carrying it this year?

Sweet. I'll be on the lookout for it everywhere I go. I'm craving it like crazy now that I've been thinking about it for two days.

Had Chez Pierre today and it was very good. I like the whipped icing they use. The cake was very light and flaky as I would expect from a French bakery. If you haven't been to the new Chez Pierre location, which is on Clearview between Vets and the Intersate across from Clearview mall, you should check it out. The selection looked amazing and I wanted to eat one of everything. I could get into some serious trouble there. I would rank the king cake pretty high on my list, possibly top 5. It was both tasty and unique enough to put into the yearly rotation.

My top 5:

1) Manny Randazzo's
2) Party Palace
3) Any other Randazzo's
4) La Louisiane filled with Praline Cream Cheese (from Sam's)
5) Chez Pierre

Trying to get Dong Phoung this year, but I haven't tried it yet.

Had Chez Pierre today and it was very good. I like the whipped icing they use. The cake was very light and flaky as I would expect from a French bakery. If you haven't been to the new Chez Pierre location, which is on Clearview between Vets and the Intersate across from Clearview mall, you should check it out. The selection looked amazing and I wanted to eat one of everything. I could get into some serious trouble there. I would rank the king cake pretty high on my list, possibly top 5. It was both tasty and unique enough to put into the yearly rotation.

Supposedly Chez Pierre has excellent pho as well, although I haven't tried it yet.

Just make my own and know what I am getting everytime. Epiphany this year had this cake.

Attachments

• KingCake2016.jpg
    KingCake2016.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 13
Just recently tried Caluda's. Very good!! The owner Dianne, used to be married to Manny Randazzo which explains a lot.

Take Away Donuts. Hwy 90, Boutte. You cannot stop eating this thing. I'm telling you, its stupid good.

Told you! Nobody I know who has tried this cake has ever been disappointed! Did you get a filled cake?

No just got the regular cinnamon, but there is this fabulous sticky candied cinnamon and sugar that kind of poured out the edges for a special caramel bonus. I've had 4 pieces already in about 2 hours.

No just got the regular cinnamon, but there is this fabulous sticky candied cinnamon and sugar that kind of poured out the edges for a special caramel bonus. I've had 4 pieces already in about 2 hours.

Mmmmmmmmmm...that chewy goodness that's baked around the edges...yum.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom