Who makes the Pro Bowl for the 2020 Saints? (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
The 2020 Pro Bowl voting started today. The game actually won’t happen this season due to COVID which means there won’t be players getting in as third or fourth alternates so whoever gets named in December is the final selection of players.

Even though we’re 7-2, I don’t know if we have any abundance of players who are having “sexy” enough seasons to be Pro Bowlers.

Kamara is obviously a lock. I think at least one of our offensive linemen make it. Armstead is the favorite because of name recognition but hopefully Ramcyzk finally gets a nod. Who else? Brees isn’t going to get voted this year. Mike won’t because of his injury plagued season. Cam is having a quiet year. Onyemata isn’t a big enough name yet to get enough votes IMO. You can say Trey SHOULD get a nod but he’s not even on the ballot!

Honestly I think we only get AK and Armstead in. Possibly Ramcyzk. With Demario hopefully getting a nod if he keeps up his play. And maybe, maybe Lattimore.

Voting is here btw: https://www.nfl.com/pro-bowl/ballot/

Absolutely insane that the guy who is 3rd in the league in sacks isn't even on the ballot.

Kamara is a lock. Armstead and Ram probably have a decent chance. I wouldn't be shocked in Deonte Harris gets a nod again. Brees deserve it based on his accuracy through nine games but because he's injured I doubt it happens. On defense, I still think Hendrickson still makes it if he keeps up his pace; Demario might as well. Hard to say.

They need to put demario in biggest snub last year!

I just never liked how if you're a replacement for a guy playing in the Super Bowl, or one of the many guys who smartly just sits it out, you still get the designation of "Pro Bowler." It's like ok, we have our Pro Bowl rosters. Each Super Bowl team probably has say 5-7 guys who would have played, but now can't. Then, another 10 or so players sit it out, either because they are banged up after a long season, getting some sort of procedure earlier than later, etc. So now we're talking at least 20 guys who weren't voted/invited in, and they now get to call themselves "Pro Bowlers," use it in contract negotiations, etc. I mean, part of it is fan votes, so it's already sketchy at best, but now it's watered down, as well. Not sure where I was going with this, but I guess it did always kind of bother me :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom