The Chess Thread (6 Viewers)

Didn’t even come close to seeing that last move
I had 6 or so meh moves and opted for the 7th fatal one

Look at the bright side, you simply chose the quicker death.

You had me working defense hard for a moment there. You played a good game, just made two mistakes there toward the end. I read a quote from a chess instructor that the difference between an 1100 player and a 1600 player is that the 1600 makes far fewer mistakes.

I think it comes from "seeing" the board better. I made a mistake in that game when I thought I was pressuring your queen with pawn to e5 but I didn't see your bishop and you undid my plans. But the better you see the board, the less likely you are to make mistakes. And I think that board vision comes only from playing lots of games.

Look at the bright side, you simply chose the quicker death.

You had me working defense hard for a moment there. You played a good game, just made two mistakes there toward the end. I read a quote from a chess instructor that the difference between an 1100 player and a 1600 player is that the 1600 makes far fewer mistakes.

I think it comes from "seeing" the board better. I made a mistake in that game when I thought I was pressuring your queen with pawn to e5 but I didn't see your bishop and you undid my plans. But the better you see the board, the less likely you are to make mistakes. And I think that board vision comes only from playing lots of games.
Yeah that’s what ****** me off is that I was in it for a bit
yes definitely the seeing the board thing
i think even more to the point is that my brain sees either offense OR defense in a round, not both

I am clueless in the end game. Ask Guido.

i calculated it would take you four moves to get that Queen with having to move your rook in and back out of the way. I thought I could just make a run for it. But I stepped on every land mine between here and there.

Henceforth, when I say “I calculated”, we shall already know what the problem is.

Things I learned today. “Open challenges” on chess.com are people challenging me to a game of chess. Guess who is about to get his butt handed to him? This guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom