Who Plays Chess? (2 Viewers)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was up a piece and could defend. Figured you’d make a mistake before I did but that was a hell of a press.

LonghornSaint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys fwiw I’m taking a short pause from playing- my wife and her family are dealing with a loss so I’m not really focusing on playing now (though I am still hanging out
on deck waiting to be told what to do when needed)
Hey man, so sorry to hear that! I totally understand, and if you want to pause your games (i.e. go into vacation mode) go for it.

I don't know if you are using a Mac or PC, and I am aware that the layout is different for those two platforms. I am on a Mac, and I can try to help you navigate to that option if you need...I'm sure others here using PC can help out as well. Chess . com layout is a bit clunky, at least on a Mac, but I finally figured out how to do this...

Highlight the top Chess . com (icon) and look for a settings (cog gear icon), then click on Daily Chess, then look for vacation option and turn it on.

hope this helps

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have been playing more 30 minute rapid/timed chess. It's such a different experience. At first, my head couldn't keep up and I made a lot of dumb mistakes - I think that's natural. You're not that good at chess yet and being on a short timer makes it really messy.

I'm still freaked out by the time thing but my accuracy has dramatically improved. Winning a rapid game with 90% accuracy when you feel like you're flying by the seat of your pants is a great feeling - it means you're making the right moves without having to get into the deep analytics that you can do in a daily game. It's a rush.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Darn you Chuck. I switched over and took pawn instead of knight because I saw I was walking into a Rook pin but I stepped in it anyway. Ughh.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think I’m done for a bit too. I have finally started to think about moves for at least a couple of minutes but have to stop making last minute impulsive moves and hurriedly hitting confirm like I’m try to beat the buzzer in family feud. Jesus.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom