The Chess Thread (2 Viewers)

I play Pure Chess sometimes on PS4. Though it has been a while. I don't think I am that great, but I do know how to move the Horsey around.

cool I'll send you an invite

I've also heard good things about lichess and that it's easier competition. Haven't tried it yet either.
I usually do 3 day/per move games, just to make it easier on work schedules and stuff, but I actually prefer shorter more focused games, so let me know, maybe we can play a short game. I have not yet tried blitz, but I am willing to give it a go

I usually do 3 day/per move games, just to make it easier on work schedules and stuff, but I actually prefer shorter more focused games, so let me know, maybe we can play a short game. I have not yet tried blitz, but I am willing to give it a go
Same here, usually do the 3/5 day matches. I'm not as well versed in line theory to win blitz games but they can be fun.

I use chess.com mainly as a learning tool. I haven't played many games recently but do the puzzles almost daily. I'll play but it might take a while to get my game where it used to be, and I was never one to study it. Just played for fun growing up and learned by playing better players.

My user name is TheWiz007

do you guys know which online platforms are safe for children to play real opponents without exposing them to online elements? I just got my nephew a board and would like to be able to play with him online but my sister is very strict (and rightfully so) about what they are open to online.

do you guys know which online platforms are safe for children to play real opponents without exposing them to online elements? I just got my nephew a board and would like to be able to play with him online but my sister is very strict (and rightfully so) about what they are open to online.
Yes, Chess.com has a kids app - https://www.chesskid.com/

Honestly, the use both but my kids rather just use chess.com, and it's very safe for a "game app"

Going to try to beat up on some kids?
Devious GIFs | Tenor

actually hoping to teach but there is always a chance I will get taught

My 10 year old cousin hands me my arse every time we play. He's a little prodigy.

I'm still trying to get good at "Go." It's a hard game.

I played pretty well back in High School. But not "I have a chess ego" well. And it is definitely like a muscle, I could see the obvious difference between when I was playing a lot and when I was doing other things a lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom