The Chess Thread (3 Viewers)

I'll sign up. I'm absolutely horrid, but I enjoy playing.

Don't worry, I'm pretty new too. Just started a few months ago. I already knew the rules and had played as a kid but knew nothing of chess tactics or strategy. My 9 yo son and I joined a chess club we go to on Thursday's and it's done wonders for both of us but I still have a looong way to go to even be considered good.

i miss being in the chess club in Marrero, during college.
couldnt' really beat the others in the chess club.. but kicked the tails of those before class in college....
so much so, that anytime any of them won, they rubbed it in for a week.

Is Delicious Bass one of you guys? If so I can't believe I let that rook off the hook. The moment I ganked the knight I realized I missed that rook and banged my head into my desk.

Good game JB.

The series of moves starting at 7b - a6 (BxN) and culminating with 11w (QxN) left you way behind on material. I dropped the N at f3 hoping to bait your e2 pawn into opening up the King / Rook fork (13w). It was a win-win for me because moving the King would have opened up a discovered attack on the rook anyway. For a while there you had me in a one move mate (Queen to d1) so I had to keep the pressure on and stay ahead in time or I would have been toast.

Good game though. I've learned a ton by going back and looking at the logs of my RHP games and seeing where I made my mistakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom