The Chess Thread (3 Viewers)

I was up a piece and could defend. Figured you’d make a mistake before I did but that was a hell of a press.

Hey guys fwiw I’m taking a short pause from playing- my wife and her family are dealing with a loss so I’m not really focusing on playing now (though I am still hanging out
on deck waiting to be told what to do when needed)
Hey man, so sorry to hear that! I totally understand, and if you want to pause your games (i.e. go into vacation mode) go for it.

I don't know if you are using a Mac or PC, and I am aware that the layout is different for those two platforms. I am on a Mac, and I can try to help you navigate to that option if you need...I'm sure others here using PC can help out as well. Chess . com layout is a bit clunky, at least on a Mac, but I finally figured out how to do this...

Highlight the top Chess . com (icon) and look for a settings (cog gear icon), then click on Daily Chess, then look for vacation option and turn it on.

hope this helps

I have been playing more 30 minute rapid/timed chess. It's such a different experience. At first, my head couldn't keep up and I made a lot of dumb mistakes - I think that's natural. You're not that good at chess yet and being on a short timer makes it really messy.

I'm still freaked out by the time thing but my accuracy has dramatically improved. Winning a rapid game with 90% accuracy when you feel like you're flying by the seat of your pants is a great feeling - it means you're making the right moves without having to get into the deep analytics that you can do in a daily game. It's a rush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom