The Chess Thread (1 Viewer)

I think I’m done for a bit too. I have finally started to think about moves for at least a couple of minutes but have to stop making last minute impulsive moves and hurriedly hitting confirm like I’m try to beat the buzzer in family feud. Jesus.
Lol. This cost me my first game on this app. ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TAKE 10 SECONDS TO REVIEW THE MOVE and I more than likely would have won the game.

Lol. This cost me my first game on this app. ALL I HAD TO DO WAS TAKE 10 SECONDS TO REVIEW THE MOVE and I more than likely would have won the game.
I still don’t have you in my list to challenge. Do you have any confirmation for zack70131?

Edit: I figured out how to challenge you even if you aren’t in my friends list.

Last edited:
I still don’t have you in my list to challenge. Do you have any confirmation for zack70131?

Edit: I figured out how to challenge you even if you aren’t in my friends list.
I sent you a 5 minute blitz challenge and then a traditional challenge prior to realizing that we are already playing a game. Lol.

BTW, if anyone is down for blitz let me know. It's a bit more challenging in that you have to be online and once the game starts, there are no breaks. Your time will run. So, I would not recommend it if you are even slightly busy.

I sent you a 5 minute blitz challenge and then a traditional challenge prior to realizing that we are already playing a game. Lol.

BTW, if anyone is down for blitz let me know. It's a bit more challenging in that you have to be online and once the game starts, there are no breaks. Your time will run. So, I would not recommend it if you are even slightly busy.

I have just gotten to the point where I can play rapid (30 min) games without freaking out. There’s no way I can do blitz!

I have just gotten to the point where I can play rapid (30 min) games without freaking out. There’s no way I can do blitz!
Oh I thought he was talking about puzzle battle which I have done against random folk. I learned the hard way about starting one of those when I am at work and not properly hidden lol

Oh I thought he was talking about puzzle battle which I have done against random folk. I learned the hard way about starting one of those when I am at work and not properly hidden lol

You challenged someone in a puzzle battle? 😂

You challenged someone in a puzzle battle? 😂
Sure. I was 2 and 0 before I started one and got called to actually do something at work. They match you bases on rating obviously

the puzzles are probably good practice but I find they constantly give you some variant of the one where you just keep sending queens and rooks up because the king is trapped behind a line of his own pawns. Those really cut your time down.

Sure. I was 2 and 0 before I started one and got called to actually do something at work. They match you bases on rating obviously

the puzzles are probably good practice but I find they constantly give you some variant of the one where you just keep sending queens and rooks up because the king is trapped behind a line of his own pawns. Those really cut your time down.

I’m down with puzzles for training, just puzzle battle seemed silly or unnecessary - just play chess. But if you like it that’s your call, u do u.

I’m down with puzzles for training, just puzzle battle seemed silly or unnecessary - just play chess. But if you like it that’s your call, u do u.
It was mostly just exploring the app. I have stumbled into some stuff. I should have done some lessons while I had a trial but it just ran out.

to your point, I did not see much value in the battle. It’s just like rush and I couldn’t find any info on the opponent other than how many he had got wrong.

@superchuck500 .

If you had placed your bishop on A3, my pawn could not take back, due to the pin of my king by the rook on the 7th rank. Then you could take that pawn with either the knight or the bishop. Then if capture, you have two pieces on my 1. Even if I didn't capture back the discovery by the rook is big fatal.

Either way, this is a one game for you. As your pawn will advance and promote and my major pieces are protecting a pawn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210716-104707_Chess.jpg
    Screenshot_20210716-104707_Chess.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 7
@superchuck500 .

If you had placed your bishop on A3, my pawn could not take back, due to the pin of my king by the rook on the 7th rank. Then you could take that pawn with either the knight or the bishop. Then if capture, you have two pieces on my 1. Even if I didn't capture back the discovery by the rook is big fatal.

Either way, this is a one game for you. As your pawn will advance and promote and my major pieces are protecting a pawn.

How does white put a bishop on a3 in this position??

edit - you mean a6. Confusing me dude! 😆

I see what you mean now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom