The Chess Thread (2 Viewers)

I’m starting to have serious doubts about the old strategy of trying to get control of the center of the board - particularly pushing KP and QP out as far as you can.

I’m starting to have serious doubts about the old strategy of trying to get control of the center of the board - particularly pushing KP and QP out as far as you can.

I don't think "as far as you can" is necessarily a good idea or ever considered good strategy. Center, yes - beyond that, depends on the position and your development. Eventually, pushing them is good but not necessarily right out of the gate.

Last edited:
I don't think "as far as you can" is necessarily a good idea or ever considered good strategy. Center, yes - beyond that, depends on the position and your development. Eventually, pushing them is good but not necessarily right out of the gate.
Yea that part is probably something I have interpreted wrong long ago. But I have always done it to try and crowd the other side while giving my self Lebensraum. But I see the folly.

Yea that part is probably something I have interpreted wrong long ago. But I have always done it to try and crowd the other side while giving my self Lebensraum. But I see the folly.

You’re playing well in the game now. I debated not throwing that early queen out to challenge your bishop or provoke you to open up to that diagonal attack. I decided to try it and you played it well - now I’m behind in development and your position is solid. I got out of discipline and you now have an advantage.

tumblr_o6usnudWtQ1rfd7lko1_500.gifv

A family member bought me a year subscription of MasterClass for Christmas and its Just been sitting there. I saw that they have a class with Kasparov so I started watching it a few nights ago. It is really Incredible just to see how his mind works - or the mind of any master for that matter.

Good game. Hard to tell which way that game was going to go until I got your Queen.
I’ve gotten better about not giving her up to obvious double attacks but I wasn’t expecting to just not have a safe place to go with her. She has more options than any other piece so I just wasn’t even thinking about it. But I need to start lol

Sorry Zack. I hate to win on you moving your king into checkmate. Good game, you had me scrambling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom